VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all, I want to know how to change region since the DVDlab Pro to compile the project makes me as region free and I want to change region 1, either through a script in the VMCOMMAND or another program and explain it by a guide , step by step.

I remember that the author of the software created a script to change regions, only pure sample code, but do not mention where to put it.

I say that to put as Region 1 in DVD 5.

I await your prompt help.

Sorry my bad English XD....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    How do you master your DVDs? Home made or for encryption through a factory?

Home made DVDs have no region codes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    use ifoedit. it's very easy to change the region code in the ifo files. open the video_ts ifo, click on vmgm_mat, double click on vgm category regional code mask, and enter the proper regional hex code.

changing the region code won't make it change pal/ntsc so region code and pal/ntsc have to correspond.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Alternatively:

Open the DVD in PGCEdit. Go DVD->Region Code and set it any way you like. OK and Save and burn to disc.
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  5. When you say "Region 1" do you actually mean NTSC? That's a common enough mistake that the question needs to be asked.
    They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety.
    --Benjamin Franklin
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    For: @manono

OK thanks. A question, as I see if there has been a change ?. Since in POPWER DVD sometimes I do not see the type of region it is. No other player that I can see ?.

Rather, in doing so, not DVD files ?, rather not disturbed while reading a DVD desktop or portable DVD is spoiled ?. Bone does not strive much disk reader ?.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by kirous View Post
    OK thanks. A question, as I see if there has been a change ?. Since in POPWER DVD sometimes I do not see the type of region it is. No other player that I can see ?
    My own opinion is that it's silly to set your home-made DVDs to a particular region, but do as you wish. Are you asking how to see what the region is? If so, open the DVD in DVDDecrypter and it'll tell you.

Sorry, but your second paragraph makes no sense to me.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDDecrypterRegion.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	32510  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Seems clear that English is not the OP's first language and he is using a translator (not a good one either)

I just now wonder whether this idea of Region change is that he can play other region disks (since he mentions PowerDVD)

If that is the case, do not even bother. Just use vlc as your player of these disks. Already mentioned, and worth repeating, that the Region code is only part of the issue if you want to play these disks on other players/TV's. Bottom line is that they may still not play.

As for DVDLab Pro been a while since I used that. I do not think you can set a code anywhere by a script for VMCommands (I could be wrong there) but most pro-authoring tools allow you to set a flag for a Region code as well as encryption but then your project must be specially prepared on tape for authoring in a duplication factory.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    ... most pro-authoring tools allow you to set a flag for a Region code as well as encryption but then your project must be specially prepared on tape for authoring in a duplication factory.
    Yes.

Honestly I question why anyone would want to set a region code if they are not going to encrypt as well.

Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    For all:

First, sorry for the English, because I'm Spanish and little defend myself in English.

Second, there are programs to change regions, and one the best known is the dvdshrink.

The good thing is that you compress DVD9 to DVD5, but to a level of GigaByte (less than 6GB). But if you can change your preference regions.

In contrast to a project DVDlab PRO to say that despite my project 1.5 GB, which dvdshrink application will not accept it because it is not very large.

So I say, no matter how DVD9 or DVD5, I just want to know which programs can be changed any region. By which I and were told it is a tool.

And Third: tomanono.

Upon clicking "OK" in the window "Region Code" of PgcEdit program, I get this message:

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	239.8 KB
ID:	32513

In that message is? that I have to do there ?.

Once again.... Sorry my bad englishXD!!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by kirous View Post
    that I have to do there ?.
    You have to do nothing. Hit 'Close' and save your work and you've changed your DVD to Region 1 (or whatever region you wanted).

That box was just to see if any other changes had to be made to the DVD besides just changing the region. And nothing else had to be done, which is why the box was empty.

Once the DVD is saved and you want to make sure you changed the region, open the DVD again and go DVD->Region Code and it'll show you.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    @manono

Hello again:

I auditioned, what you me you said, I did everything, but there is a problem.

Would be that the program PCGEdit loading the DVD and see the region is this all OK, as the following image sees:

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	261.4 KB
ID:	32517

But when you open the DVD Decrypter and load the disc, I get this, as the picture looks:

Name:	02.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	286.2 KB
ID:	32518

The question is: Why do not I changed the region is displayed and this viewing me as a free region?. That's all done in the PgcEdit?
    Quote Quote  
  13. After spending way too much time testing what you said, I decided you were right. After making the changes in PGCEdit, DVD Decrypter still shows it to be all-region. I don't know if DVD Decrypter is wrong or not, as I don't know of other programs that give the region. Maybe PGCEdit doesn't change something else that should be changed to make it possible to assign a region.

Maybe someone else knows of another way to check the region. Sorry for not being much help.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, Thanks anyway, I'm on the aedipuss friend, who said he used the ifoedit, try to do it. Any problems you have will inform you. Once again thank you all for helping me so.

Rather recently opened a new post another problem, here the link:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/372867-%5BDVDLAB-PRO%5D-Help!-Problems-in-the-TITLE...26#post2399526

Hopefully you can help me because the other friend did not understand what I'm telling you, I hope you can understand.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Banned
    Search PM
    I suppose I still don't get it, you want to set the region code on an unencrypted DVD for what?

Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by kirous View Post
    Hopefully you can help me because the other friend did not understand what I'm telling you, I hope you can understand.
    I don't use DVDLab Pro so, no, I can't help.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search PM
    @manono

Thanx, anyway.

One last question, that serves FixVTS program ?. If it is used together with the PgcEdit or IfoEdit? or only those programs should be used. Since in other FORUM say is used to clean and are not made.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Again, very bad English. If you're asking if FixVTS can help with your region need, the answer is 'no'. I think you should next try oedipuss's suggestion to see if you can get IFOEdit to set the region for you.
    Quote Quote  
  19. PgcEdit sets the region code correctly. I think that DVD Decrypter displays the region code of the DVD as it will be if you rip it. Since by default it makes it region free, it displays no region. And BTW, it should display a warning if the region is NOT set in the original DVD. If you can't see the warning, that means that the region code has been set, even if it is not displayed in the main window. Anyway, the simplest way to verify if it has been correctly set is to close PgcEdit (just to be sure), then restart it and reload the DVD. Then see DVD -> Region Code, and it should display the region that has been set previously.
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
    I think that DVD Decrypter displays the region code of the DVD as it will be if you rip it.
    That can't be right as I just checked an R2 DVD I had nearby and it showed it as being R2. But it's good to know that PGCEdit does set a region correctly. Thanks for weighing in.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	R2.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	32542  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Getting back to the OPs initial question. It seems that you CAN set the Region code within DVD Lab Pro.

First you compile your project as normal video_ts folders on your hard drive - make a note of the name of the folder.

Second you go to Tools/Regional Coding. Change the ifo folder to the folder where you compiled your dvd.

Now for you, click 'Region 1 only'. The program now ticks all the other boxes. Click ok and your ifo folder is now edited to Region 1 only.

Test the dvd as previously discussed - PowerDVD should well report this is a Region 1 disk.

Burn your dvd folder.

Voila.

PS. But still why you want to do it. But hey. It is your ball-game.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks guys, I thank you enough to help me in this problem. Hopefully I can help in the next post to leave as link in one of my answers.

And for friend @DB83

I do it to make a test with my Portable DVD Player. Since my portable player was bought in America, as a gift I got it, and besides, I live in South America, and the trouble is that in South America the DVD's are region 4 and put the portable player it strives lens, spoiling slowly .... But to put the two regions 1 and 4, the portable player will play it seamlessly.

Well, thank you also for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  23. It should play it also if you make it totally region free (allowed for all regions). That's the default of all ripper programs and IMO there is no need to change that.
    r0lZ - PgcEdit homepage Hosted by VideoHelp (Thanks Baldrick)
    - BD3D2MK3D A tool to convert 3D BD to 3D SBS/T&B/FS MKV
    Quote Quote  
  24. Yep, which just makes this whole thread a waste of everyone's time. Region-free doesn't mean no region but all region, as shown in the picture in my post 7.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ Possibly another reason why authoring programs created Region-Free disks.

Even the DVD LAB info, which I found after I made the above reply, does not recc that you mess around with them UNLESS you are doing it for commercial purposes.

Maybe a waste of time but the OP asked a specific question which has been specifically answered.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Ok, but if I'm doing a commercial license but I AM CREATING MY PROJECTS. I'm not attempting to copyright.

Good friend thanks anyway.
    Quote Quote