VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8
FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
Thread
  1. Its 2021 and I've had some stability issues with this crack for Avermedia Live Gamer Portable since a recent windows update. It completely stopped working, but I re-installed it. However, it now crashes much more frequently. Has anyone encountered similar problems and found work-arounds?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As you noted it's 2021, the Avermedia hardware is a lost cause. You will need to find another hardware capture device as well as capture software.
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  3. For the U3 at least, the card itself is no longer supported properly on win10 and can give sound issues and such. There is a workaround to use a driver from a different card though it doesn't work with this hack as far as I know. Using a HDMI splitter that evades HDCP may or may not be an option depending on what you are capturing.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BTW: isn't Avermedia hilarious?
    [Attachment 60537 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sum_guy View Post
    As you noted it's 2021, the Avermedia hardware is a lost cause. You will need to find another hardware capture device as well as capture software.
    Has anyone adventurous tried out this unit, and particularly in comparison to whatever else is on the market ?

https://www.newegg.com/black-cloneralliance-ca-998p-video-capture-editing/p/1B9-009R-0...9SIAG1H70K3719

So far as I'm aware, any such device that has come out was geared towards gameplay capture, rather than mainstream video material. However, this one does mention set top boxes, which sounds to me like a reference to cable or sat ones ? Even if so, you'd still have to overcome the HDCP.

It would be nice if there was some good consumer alternative, and even better if it's a portable solution, but if not I'll just continue recording stuff in SD, with the Pioneer DVDR.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have a ''darkcristal hd capture pro'' c027 card
    Installed on windows 11 pro 64bit and there is a problem.
    How to install this software: AVERTV HD HDMI HDCP PROTECT REMOVE - it does not see the device, or reinstall the driver itself?
    currently working on this: C027_MCS_1.7.9.97.17090701_Drv_1.54.x.82_Installer , there is a problem with the configuration that I do not want to record in h264 mkv [AVer MediaCenter closes] in mpg2 it records and only in 720p what do you think is the reason.
    There was no problem on windows 7, possibly the reason may be to change the broadcasting to dvbt2
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by delta37 View Post
    I have a ''darkcristal hd capture pro'' c027 card
    Installed on windows 11 pro 64bit and there is a problem.
    How to install this software: AVERTV HD HDMI HDCP PROTECT REMOVE - it does not see the device, or reinstall the driver itself?
    currently working on this: C027_MCS_1.7.9.97.17090701_Drv_1.54.x.82_Installer , there is a problem with the configuration that I do not want to record in h264 mkv [AVer MediaCenter closes] in mpg2 it records and only in 720p what do you think is the reason.
    There was no problem on windows 7, possibly the reason may be to change the broadcasting to dvbt2
    You should even not try to install software that says that it can defeat HDCP…. HDCP is on a hardware level…. just use a converter that has HDMI passthrough, not any HDMI spiltter, only certain splitters will work, also depending on the HDMI version or cable will then make the difference
    I use HDMI passthrough through a converter and works perfect with latest Chromecast.(DVB-T2 tuner works also)
    Last edited by Eric-jan; 1st Jun 2023 at 19:11.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Eric-jan View Post
    You should even not try to install software that says that it can defeat HDCP…. HDCP is on a hardware level….
    The handshake between source and sync is at the hardware level. But once the capture device gets the video it is theoretically free to do whatever it wants. Of course, official drivers and software are supposed to obey the HDCP licensing rules. But it is possible to hack them to ignore the do-not-copy flag.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by Eric-jan View Post
    You should even not try to install software that says that it can defeat HDCP…. HDCP is on a hardware level….
    The handshake between source and sync is at the hardware level. But once the capture device gets the video it is theoretically free to do whatever it wants. Of course, official drivers and software are supposed to obey the HDCP licensing rules. But it is possible to hack them to ignore the do-not-copy flag.
    "It is possible" is easy to say, sofar nobody has managed to do this on software level, what i meant by "you should even not try" is, there will be (on software level) something, sooner or later, that will disrupt this again, another driver or an update in the Micro$oft OS.
    Hardware wise it is just to easy to defeat HDCP, switching off the HDCP on the source device will also do no good because this will stop the (game) software(or app) from playing, i was just testing a HDMI capture device that has a HDMI loop through…. and this one already defeats the HDCP directly, so i guess the HDMI output will also be HDCP free, i have no idea about lag times, but it cant be slower then a software option, HDMI just has lag anyway.
    Because i guess the hardware way is easy, nobody looks for a software option anymore.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=Eric-jan;2692182][QUOTE=jagabo;2692152]
    . . . i was just testing a HDMI capture device that has a HDMI loop through…. and this one already defeats the HDCP directly, so i guess the HDMI output will also be HDCP free . . .
    Just for the record, which capture device -- particularly if it was other than a card ? (If the device was any good, the info might be of use to someone.)
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    [QUOTE=Seeker47;2692332][QUOTE=Eric-jan;2692182]
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    . . . i was just testing a HDMI capture device that has a HDMI loop through…. and this one already defeats the HDCP directly, so i guess the HDMI output will also be HDCP free . . .
    Just for the record, which capture device -- particularly if it was other than a card ? (If the device was any good, the info might be of use to someone.)
    https://www.amazon.nl/-/en/Streaming-Broadcasting-Recording-Education-Conference/dp/B0...ps%2C98&sr=8-6

Did only one test sofar, and worked, to my suprise, the device is a USB HDMI dongle, and only tested for FullHD resolution, the software i used, Quicktime and Movavi Video editor were not able to capture with a fixed frame rate i noticed, using Mediainfo to check the file specs.
    A previous HDMI dongle had the same issue, next step for me will be by using my analog to HDMI ODV converter,(no aspect ratio problems) this one gave color and brightness all over the place with that "previous" HDMI dongle, if this stays the case with my "Loop Through dongle, i hope to adjust this with adjustable resistors in between, not ideal of course, but it's worth a try.
    These cheap devices are small, and don't produce any heat, so they're easy to place in small places without ventilation.
    the loop through device can be powered by the USB-A connection it's using for the data, but has also a microUSB power only connection, when i have the time, i will look if the loop-through also works without the computer connected by the USB-A connection, that would be nice, and it could run from a USB of the tv,vcr,dvd-recorder, or console etc….
    Last edited by Eric-jan; 3rd Jun 2023 at 17:49.
    Quote Quote