VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks in advance for advice.

Could anyone say for sure why it is Bluray software must connect to a server for ??? proberbly some info before playing the disc? DVD software does not appear to do that!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Can't you play it at all without internet? What player?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No the software eg ANYDVD, DVD fab, Leawo Blu-ray Player always want to connect to a server, i simply dont understand why though. DVD only software I use never wants to connect to a server. Always have to be connected to the internet for playing bluray. If someone can recommend software that does not require internet connection then please advise!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hartless View Post
    Thanks in advance for advice.

Could anyone say for sure why it is Bluray software must connect to a server for ??? proberbly some info before playing the disc? DVD software does not appear to do that!
    According to something I found on the AnyDVD forum, the Blu-Ray software probably needs to access an online database to decrypt your Blu-Ray disc because it is using an unfamiliar BD+ copy protection method. Handling the situation by going online to access the database is the quickest way to solve the problem. See this post and the one that follows it.

BD+ is constantly evolving. DVD copy protection schemes don't change much.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hartless View Post
    No the software eg ANYDVD, DVD fab, Leawo Blu-ray Player always want to connect to a server, i simply dont understand why though. DVD only software I use never wants to connect to a server. Always have to be connected to the internet for playing bluray. If someone can recommend software that does not require internet connection then please advise!
    for dvdfab - the bluray decryption is removed at their end. without it, it would require a new version of dvdfab
    everytime a new disc with new copy protection is released.
    Quote Quote