VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A third of my mkv collection is not working on my TV but work properly everywhere else. It's a LG 37LS5600*. I'm using Handbrake to convert them to MKV, with always the same setting H264 - same as source)(Constant quality @19RF)(H264 Preset=fast)(Tune=Film)(Fast decode=uncheck)(H264 profile=auto)(H264 Level=auto).

Any hints on what going on and what would be the best setup for this TV.

TV: Max 1920x1080 @ 30fps : H264/AVC Profile Level 4.1 and lower : MKV= H264/AVC, Xvid,Mpeg-4 part2 : Sound= He-AAC,Dolby Digital,Mpeg1 Layer3

Thanks all.
    Quote Quote  
  2. A long shot perhaps: You have auto pass through for audio and are using a DTS track. Of course MediaInfo for those that don't work may help.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, I use (Codec=ACA (FAAC) (Bitrate=160) (Sample rate = AUTO) . Cause I saw on the web that DTS is problem with TV.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is it the audio or the video
    do you have link to the TV specs
    my personal limited experience.. is TVs do not list MKV in their compatible formats
    MKV is just a wrapper, use something else like MP4
    Quote Quote  
  5. 2nd guess: HandBrake is using it's automatic cropping giving some resolutions the LG don't like.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    djdan, do you try MKV2MP4? No need convert video, (only audio if necessary) just remux to MP4.

My bedroom TV is LG model 42LS5600 and play all MKV converted to MP4 using this software

PS: Max "reframes" on stream is 5.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys, I'll try MKV2MP4 as per Cauptain said and see. I did try a lot of setting in Handbrake with Quality, Profile, Level, but still in problem. I have 2 films that have 2 versions (One work, but not the other one) so I will take a look at the specs of those 2 mkv films to see if there 's a difference somewhere.
    I will use MediaInfo and MkvInfo. If you have a better idea......I'm open. Bye
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I load the MKV2MP4 and I see lots of setups. What would be the proper setup for me. I just want to put the 2 audio tracks in AC3, with same quality and # of channels as the input. And as for video it should be as input.

But for now, I can't have the output file. Here's the end of the log:
    [Win32] system failure for file opening of D:/Internet Download/Mp4Box\005C4098_isotmp in mode w+b: 0x00000003
    Cannot open destination file D:/Internet Download\L'enlevement 2 - Taken 2 - action (NO).mp4: I/O Error
    Mp4Box terminated with error: 1
    Total time: 5 min. 58 sec.
    0 files processed.
    1 errors.

In this folder I can see the MkvToMp4 files : (2x .AAC)(1x .264)( 2x .WAV)(2X M4A)(1x .TXT) meaning that this folder is OK

I'm on Windows Xp Sp3.
    Thanks at advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by djdan View Post
    Cannot open destination file D:/Internet Download\L'enlevement 2 - Taken 2 - action (NO).mp4: I/O Error.
    The error would seem to indicate the file is corrupt or is in an unsupported format. It states "cannot open destination file".
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote