VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm running Windows 8.1 WMP 12 and no matter what I try subtitles are not showing up. I've been scrolling through the threads, but everything is FFd DDC VVCD and none of it makes sense. I am a complete idiot when it comes to this stuff, so could someone please just tell me in the simplest terms possible how to get .srt subtitles to work on .mp4 for WMP 12 on Windows 8.1? I would prefer not to download anything, but I will if it's absolutely necessary; however, I would need instructions on how to use whatever I download (again, complete novice here).

Oh, a little more information. I'm trying to get forced subtitles to work for a game of thrones episode for the parts in Dothraki. I'm not sure if getting forced subtitles to work is any different from regular subtitles...

SUMMARY:
    - WMP 12 on Windows 8.1
    - .srt forced subtitles
    - .mp4 video file
    - subtitles will not show up on the video
    - KEEP IT SIMPLE please because I have no idea what I'm doing
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Try Local Subtitles for WMP
    to change font size:
    [Attachment 32477 - Click to enlarge]

Or simple play files on other players like VLC or MPC-HC
    Thank you so much! The local subtitle thing in WMP made no sense to me at all, but VLC player worked! I can't believe it was such a simple solution.
    Quote Quote