VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I recently tried to export about 26 episodes of an old tv series as a 9 and half hour Ultra 4K mp4 file but everytime I try to play this file in every media player I use, only the first 2 hours and ten minutes plays. Some players only play the audio of the file up to 9 and a half hours.
    How can I get the full 9 and a half minute video to play?
    Regards,
    Richard Steed
    Last edited by R.STEED; 2nd Jul 2015 at 17:23.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I've tried to edit the post.
    I meant 9 AND A HALF HOUR 4K ULTRA FILE.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sounds ridiculous to me. what is it, some anime with a source resolution of 480i?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Seeing as how there are NO "old TV series" that are distributed as 4k, upconverting to 4k, just to say you were able to do so, seems a monunmental waste of everyone's time. It will NOT improve the quality, actually quite the reverse (upsize=>blurry interpolation, add re-encoding losses).

The reason it may not play could be for many reasons: too high a bitrate for the player to handle, or wrong settings, or corruption of the encode after a certain point. Doesn't help that you give NO indication of the media info of the source or destination, nor what settings used, nor even what app(s) used, nor what system specs you're playing it on.

Scott
    Quote Quote