VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a source mkv file which plays with no problems, I used mkvextract to extract the audio and video streams. I then remastered the audio stream and encoded that into a DTS file. So I have 2 raw streams to mux. The DTS (raw) file can be played in VLC with no problems.

I then used tsmuxer to containerise these 2 streams into a m2ts file, however there is no audio output.

I tried using mkvmerge to make a mkv file and it plays with no problem.

Have done this thousands of times before with no issue like this, anyone have any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No audio output in vlc?
    Quote Quote  
  3. The DTS file plays as does the the mkv file, both in vlc so thats not it. However, vlc has no option to select an audio track under Audio>Audio Track for the tsmuxer file which does not play audio.

I have determined that the problem is with the h.264 stream as it does not matter what type of audio stream (LPCM, AC3, DTS) I mux with it, there is no sound.

I have uploaded a clip.https://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32381&stc=1&d=1435874331
    Last edited by shag00; 2nd Jul 2015 at 17:02.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What are the video details then?

Maybe try another m2ts muxer....hmm...maybe can bdrebuilder import the mkv and make a m2ts.

edit: The above clip works fine in VLC. I can select audio track.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 3rd Jul 2015 at 02:48.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ooops, sliced a bit off the wrong file. However, to solve the problem I re-transcoded the source and everything works fine. Thanks for your assistance.
    Quote Quote