VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    How to change font size globally in one take input

Hello all, I want to change / edit the font size to all the words of SRT file subtitles.
    My question: Can I change the font size globally in one take input?

For example: If I want to edit #1 subtitle in Notepad, I should give <font size="20"></font> between the words,
    but it was crazy for me to add one by one to all 1636 numbers.. What is possible to make..?
    Last edited by Leo99; 2nd Jul 2015 at 01:53.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I moved your post to a new thread,please continue any discussions in here rather than posting in a thread not pertaining to your question.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't know what's going on?
    The file SRT for each string you give individual font, text color, font size.
    The file ASS you can ask one global formula for font, text color, font size
    if between words you don't use other formulas.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Leo99 View Post
    What is possible to make..?
    What is possible is to make your subs in SSA or ASS format which allow for styles so you can set - among other properties - the font size. Some players will allow you to change the size of SRT subs. It's pretty pointless to do it within the SRT files themselves, although there is such a thing as a separate styles file for SRTs, but not all players will honor it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Hmm.. I just know it, thanks for explain, manono
    I guess so.. unless using .idx/.sub we can sets any fonts models without any change for fixed display during playback.

Previously, I thought maybe there was a special command that is placed at the beginning of subs which applies to all the font size within the SRT.
    Formerly, I've got a file like that but unfortunately was removed somewhere.. I forgot.

Okay, forget it. Seems I have to edit one-by-one for personal use only (for fun) eventhough it was a bit tired. This because the standard letter SRT is annoying and rather large to cover most detailed pictures in MPC I've used.
    Leo99
    Quote Quote