VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Alt+X won't exit the program as it's supposed to. All it does is open and close the Start screen. I have Windows 8.1.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Latest version?

What happens if you use alt-f4?

Alt-x works fine in win 7 here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Latest version?

What happens if you use alt-f4?

Alt-x works fine in win 7 here.
    That's great. Alt+F4 worked. Thanks. I'm just confused as to why Alt+X stopped working. And yes, latest version. It's very odd. When I started using the latest version, Alt+X worked fine. Only now is it opening up the Start screen instead. I thought, however, that it might just be a bug with the latest version, so I uninstalled and installed an older version from 3 months back. Didn't help. Alt+X still opens the Start screen. I think it might have to do with my keyboard, or maybe my screwed up hard drive. I need to know though so I don't recreate the problem when I install my new hard drive. Every other keyboard shortcut is working fine, by the way, and the keyboard in general seems to be fine otherwise. It's just that Alt+X is the default keyboard shortcut for closing MPC and it used to work fine and now all of a sudden it just opens and closes the Start screen.
    Quote Quote  
  4. SOLVED!

Alt+X is now back to exiting MPC as it should. There was no hardware or software glitch. It suddenly occurred to me that, because I'd installed Start Menu 8, and my Windows key now brought up the Start menu instead of the Start screen, that Start Menu 8 might also be the reason why Alt+X had taken on another function. Sure enough, when I uninstalled Start Menu 8 to test that theory, and opened up MPC, Alt+X closed it just as it should have. Gonna reinstall Start Menu 8 though because I want to keep it, so from now on, when I want to exit MPC, I'll use Alt+F4
    Quote Quote  
  5. You can also change the shortcut keys in MPC-HC's options.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    You can also change the shortcut keys in MPC-HC's options.
    Oh yeah, I know that, thanks.
    Quote Quote