VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread

Threaded View

1. I've long been able to use Pot Player's CTRL+F5 and CTRL+F6 keys to toggle through aspect ratios of vids playing in full screen mode until now.

Regardless of how I select "Playback/Aspect Ratio/AR" and "Playback/Aspect Ratio/Override AR" options, the player changes these settings, on its own, after my choices have been applied and OK'd. It's a mystery.

Choosing "Cycle Aspect Ratios" by right-clicking the screen allows CTRL+F5 and CTRL+F6 toggles to function, but only in player sizes smaller than full screen. When I access this menu again, I see that "Keep Aspect Ratio (Recommended)" has changed to one of the two stretch settings while "Cycle Aspect Ratios" becomes 2.35:1 at times, Custom (4:3) at others.

My MO is to drag video files of varying dimensions from my secondary monitor into a full-screen Pot Player on my primary. I simply want to adjust a new video's AR using only the F+5 and F+6 function keys without the bother of having to downsize, then full-screen the player to do so. This once worked splendidly. That was then.

I'm running 32-bit PotPlayer 1.6.54549 under 64-bit Windows 8.1 with an Intel i7-3770 CPU and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750. MP4s play through NVIDIA's CUDA decoder. Here are my Aspect Ratio preferences . . .

Playback | Playback Settings
    Default window size: Do not use
    Default window aspect ratio: Do not use (Recommended)

Playback | Aspect Ratio
    AR Mode: Keep Aspect Ratio (Recommended)
    Override AR: Default Original DAR [this refuses to stick]
    ☐ Adjust AR to Window Size
    ☐ Enable the Selected Aspect Ratio Mode when the margin...
    ☐ Provide the specified ares...

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
    Michael Linder
    Currently facing Media Crimes charges
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Upgrade to latest Potplayer first. Latest stable released today ( 1.6.54871 ).
    Quote Quote