VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hay
    I have a bunch of ISO blu ray 3d films and I want to watch it throught externall HDD on PS3......I dont know what to do?

Is possible to split a 30 and more GB file into FAT32 disk?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do you own a 'Smart' tv? If so, try streaming them from PC. Or to the console.
    Visit: http://serviio.org/
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No. It is not possible with your scenario. BD ISOs aren't just a bunch of miscellaneous files: as disc images of an authored format, they have a specific, clearly defined structure and ordering. Messing around with that (because of some arbitrary size limitation), destroys playability (especially in the case of 3d). Not only that, but FAT32 isn't a supported filesystem for most all authored disc formats: AudioCD, S/VCDs, DVD-Videos, DVD-Audios, SACDs,, BDs, 3DBDs, or UltraHD BDs.

Choices:
    Mount the ISOs on an HTPC (with a 3D player app) and play them directly out HDMI 1.4 to your 3DTV (bypassing the PS3).
    Burn the ISOs to backup 3D BD-R/Es and just play them as discs in the PS3.
    Extract the 3D video file assets from the ISO and use them as-is but contained in a more common container and use in an MVC-capable stereo player such as Stereoscopic Player, or convert to a more standard, frame-compatible 3D format and play in many players (possibly including the PS3 with proper layout, encoding & container).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @transp - yes I have a smartTv

@cornucopia - the first method I try and working properly....I mount image on laptop and connect it via HDMI 1.4 with PowerDVD and all working great in 3D.....but laptop is not mine and I only try this Solution

Second method with burning ISO is not possible cause I have a dead Blu ray optical disc in the ps3.....

And third method I dont understand fully....you say with extracting files and convert it to a more standard (you mean convert to SBS or h-SBS)?
    Last edited by Dexy88; 28th Jun 2015 at 19:43.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes. (Understand you will lose some quality this way).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok thanks for help
    Quote Quote