VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I have multiple Anime seasons (Usually 12 episodes) in MKV, and I want to convert them to MP4 with burned in subtitles. How can I do this in batch?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure if vidcoder can do it entirely automatic in a batch.

But I think mkvtomp4 can do it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Forgot to add, I also need to resize the videos to 960x544 while also hardsubbing, and vidcoder has more advanced settings like quality factor, which I also use.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bump
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope. I can't see how to auto burn in subtitles in vidcoder batch.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see. Aren't there any programs like Vidcoder that use Handbrake as encoder, but support batch subtitle burn-in as well?
    Quote Quote  
  7. VidCoder can burn-in subtitles in batch mode only with internal subtitles. If your subtitles are external VidCoder can not pick those up.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Depending on the subtitle format you can do this with FFmpeg + FFQueue. Create a preset in FFQueue that suits your needs with subtitle burn-in and audio/video encoding and either drag&drop the MKV's to the queue list og click the Batch button and select the files. Select the preset and the stream-types to include and create the jobs + start the queue. FFQueue will btw. detect external subtitles if they have the same name at the MKV's and has an extension that is supported by FFmpeg (or added to the list of extensions in the options dialog). Should be fairly easy to do
    I'm the developer behind FFQueue. My posts might reflect this! ;-)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ^^I use internal subs, how can I just drag 'n drop all my files at once and let Vidcoder detect the subtitle stream?

^I'll look into it!
    Quote Quote  
  10. If you use VidCoder 1.5.31 (Stable) go to Tools - Options - Audio/Subtitles and make correct settings. If you use 2.x Beta change those settings in Picker (create new Picker with settings you want).
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, it works! FFqueue is great as well, I'll just use them both!
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Detmek View Post
    If you use VidCoder 1.5.31 (Stable) go to Tools - Options - Audio/Subtitles and make correct settings. If you use 2.x Beta change those settings in Picker (create new Picker with settings you want).
    I have missed that setting. Thanks too.
    Quote Quote  
  13. FFqueue does not seem to have an option to add a subtitle file to burn in. Add a movie file, after that there aren't any options to do anything with it that I can find. Anyone an y ideas?
    Quote Quote