VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. First off this is my equipment

Panasonic TX-P55VT65B Plasma TV
    Yamaha Rxv377 - Amplifier

I ripped my original Bluray Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and then discovered the dreaded Cinavia problem where the audio was muted after 20 minutes. So I muxed the rip into an MKV file and copied to a USB stick.

My Bluray is connected to the amplifier via a HDMI Cable only
    My TV is connected to the amplifier vai HDMI cable but can't get sound through it so using a Optical Digital cable to get the sound from TV

If I connect the USB stick to USB of bluray then I can select surround sound and it works. But obviously it will still detect the Cinavia
    If I connect the USB stick to the TV when the DTS 5.1 Audio track is selected I get no sound, but 2 channel will play...

The TV is connected to the Amplifier via a Optical Digital Lead

Any ideas? Could the Software on the TV, media player be restricted to playing only 2 channel sound?

Thanks in advance
    James
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome to the forum BasalGanglia

Could the Software on the TV, media player be restricted to playing only 2 channel sound?
    A limitation ... and its a question for pansonic ... none of their manuals contain these specifications which is a bad trend in the industry.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yeah, thought it might be as everything seemed to be set up right...im assuming the limitation is related to the Software of the Media player installed and not the hardware through the USB? If it is the former, do you think it's possible to download Software that would enable me to do so? Actually ive not looked into downloading/adding new Software to the apps screen yet

Thanks again
    James
    Quote Quote