VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What are the full details to copy Region A blu-ray to Region Free using AnyDVD HD? Somebody posted this screen shot to me and it never worked where my movie still copied to Region A where I got the message "Invalid Region". It's got to the point where it's very annoying because this is causing me to waste blu-ray discs that are expensive and I can't afford to waste more. It doesn't matter if I copy to Region Free or Region B, as long as I can play the disc. Remember I talking about making a copy, not changing the playback Region in my PC.

Earlier when I put a blu-ray disc in I got a small message with options on my screen about Regions and I can't seem to get that message back. I selected Region A because I assumed it asked what Region the blu-ray disc is. Then I changed some others settings that the screenshots Settings and Video Blu-ray shows hoping this will work. The screenshot called AnyDVD HD with the red arrows pointing about is what somebody else sent me that never worked for me where I still copied to Region A. My settings that I changed are in the screenshots with the red oval shapes.

Thanks.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ANYDVD HD.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	32307  

Click image for larger version

Name:	SETTINGS.JPG
Views:	479
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	32308  

Click image for larger version

Name:	VIDEO BLU-RAY.JPG
Views:	482
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	32309  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From the last screen-shot, why are you marking Region B when you assume the disk is Region A ?

But I wonder whether you over-estimate this software. It's primary playback purpose is indeed to simulate the removal of the Region Code. Thus your PC software player can play the disk. In your case a Region B player plays a Region A disk

Really not sure whether it can actually remove the code directly in a rip. You might need additional software used in conjunction with this . There are tons of topics about this so do search and read.

Also. You will sure be popular with the mods opening even more topics when you have already been told not to do so.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    From the last screen-shot, why are you marking Region B when you assume the disk is Region A ?

But I wonder whether you over-estimate this software. It's primary playback purpose is indeed to simulate the removal of the Region Code. Thus your PC software player can play the disk. In your case a Region B player plays a Region A disk

Really not sure whether it can actually remove the code directly in a rip. You might need additional software used in conjunction with this . There are tons of topics about this so do search and read.

Also. You will sure be popular with the mods opening even more topics when you have already been told not to do so.
    I bought a blu-ray movie locked on Region A. It won't play in my PS3 because the PS3 like all machines where I am only plays Region B and (obviously) Region Free. Over here things are also known as PAL. I want to copy my blu-ray movie to another disc as Region B or Region Free so it will play.

Others told me I only need AnyDVD HD for this and you told me I might need other software as well. How much more when AnyDVD HD is expensive enough as it is where this whole thing is getting very expensive. Why is copying a blu-ray to Region B or to Region Free so awkward? Copying DVD's to Region Free with DVD Decrypter is no problem. With AnyDVD HD, it's bad enough it costs a lot of money, I wonder why it seem to be so user unfriendly.

As I said, I'm not trying to play a Region A disc in my laptop. I'm trying to copy a blu-ray movie from Region A to another blu-ray disc to either Region B or Region Free so it will play in my PS3.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote