VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Well I was using Nero registered version for about a week or so but now I
    have run into some problems. It all started when I wanted to view the CD
    Images Nero had burned on a CD-R. When I insert the disk, nothing happens.
    If I double-click on the CDROM drive icon it say: "Please insert a disk in
    drive E".

I know very little about computers but would very much like any assistance
    that can be rendered by the gurus of this group.

I have Nero version 5.5.7.8.

Additionally, all audio CD's can be read, some data CD's can be
    read(that is after 15-20 seconds the drive will start to spin AFTER the door
    is closed...then the drive will spin faster and slower, faster and slower,
    and cycle like this as if it's having a problem).

I thought the drive was dying so I bought a brand new one and it does
    exactly the same thing - faster/slower and will not see some disks.

In the device mgr properties, both the Maxtor AND the TDK CDROM have Location 0

Isn't this a conflicting SCSI ID?

Should I check the SCSI card's BIOS settings to see if there is improper termination in the chain and if so how do I do this?

What about ALL SCSI ID's for devices to see if there is a conflict.

This whole thing could be a ephemeral problem caused by an improperly set up SCSI bus.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Phil (`95 4Runner,`68 Crown MS55,`69 Corona RT52,)
    Reply to Philvener@earthlink.net
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you haven't done any hardware changes or settings since the time it worked, then the obvious conclusions are either your drive is defective or you just need to get a CD lense cleaner.
    Email me for faster replies!

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Certified Computer Technician.
    Quote Quote  
  3. SCSCI or IDE? you can't have 2 scsi devices on the same address. If it's and ide drive, check your device manager and the properties of the cd rom, I have auto insert notification checked, as well as DMA. I had a burner do that tho, it was bad.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Auto-Insert notification MUST be disabled on the CDRW or it will interfere with the writing process by trying to access the drive and "auto" running it before it is even done.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  5. I disagree, my friend and I both have it on, we both make vcd's, I have over 175 discs burned with it on, and why would it try to access a cd that is being written? That only kicks in when you first insert a disc
    Quote Quote  
  6. Exactly, when while you are writing to the CDR/RW it becomes full with Data, so that is like inserting a new media in the drive, which makes the AutoPlay jump into action while you are writing, and trying to access the drive.

I may not have 175 movies, but i've seen this happen on several PC's, and if you notice, i'm not the only one saying so, but nearly every CD recording program asks you to turn off the Auto-Insert for the CDRW.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  7. In my experience Sefy is correct,my cd-r/w drive has problem reading disks with auto-insert on.Go to regedit > find> "SCSI">delete drives
    not on your computer.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Now is this for scsi drives or ide? One thing about computers is that what works for one, doesn't for the other. Have made vcds using 2 different systems, P3 700 and Athlon 900, works fine on ide drives for both
    Quote Quote  
  9. I've seen it happen on many systems, as a Technician, you come across alot of PC's with strange configurations, including IDE, SCSI and mixed.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote  
  10. SCSI folder is on Win9x(not sure about XP or 2000).Delete drives (not on your computer) because there might be conflict.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Make sure to burn your images using Disk at Once and not Track at once.
    This could be the reason why...

Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for helping me with this very frustrating issue. Today, I installed a fresh version of Nero 5.5.8.0 full registered and have been able to burn CDR disks as data and they read fine with the same drive. I would like to be able to burn BIN files and view them with the same drive but this is where the whole problem started. The BIN files I am burning are (according to the posts) SVCD. I have read in the newsgroups and in this forum that my drive may not be able to burn a SVCD BIN correctly and/or read it correctly. The so-called coasters I made(about a dozen) may not be coasters if the BIN burnt correctly with Nero but cannot be read.

Additionally, I would welcome help to check on device ID's and settings because I understand that if two devices have the same ID things won't work properly. I have not idea how to check this and if necessary, change the ID's. I appreciate your ongoing support.

Phil (`95 4Runner,`68 Crown MS55,`69 Corona RT52,)
    Reply to Philvener@earthlink.net
    Quote Quote  
  13. If you are burning Bin/Cue files, I suggest you use a program specificly designed to handle those file types, and not Nero, get CDRWin, BlindWrite, FireBurner, and even VCDEasy and TSCV can burn them using the CDRDao.

Best Regards,
    Sefy Levy,
    Quote Quote