VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I've been searching all these threads for something I am certain was asked but can't find anywhere. I just want to know a program to combine my MKV files into one WITHOUT losing any quality. i don't have to shrink the files or anything because the quality is what's important to me. PLEASE can someone tell me how/what program to use... ? ::

Thanks in advance!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. If your files match precisely as far as dimensions, codec, framerate, audio tracks etc, you can append one to the other in mkvtoolnix. Otherwise you're going to have to reencode one or the other and then combine. AviDemux or Handbrake are useful tools for that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The files so seem to match precisely. I used MakeMKV to rip part 1 and 2 of LoTR: Fellowship of the Rings extended editions (so I don't have to change the Blu-Ray to finish the movie)
    I have MKVtoolnix, but I don't see how to append the movies
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Hmm, the process I outlined earlier seems to combine them, but not append them in MKVToolnix. I normally use AviDemux to append files.

In AviDemux, make sure to use the MKV muxer, video and audio on Copy and make a name for your new file with an .mkv extension.
    Last edited by Kerry56; 23rd Jun 2015 at 08:54.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by DarkPhoenix77 View Post
    The files so seem to match precisely. I used MakeMKV to rip part 1 and 2 of LoTR: Fellowship of the Rings extended editions (so I don't have to change the Blu-Ray to finish the movie)
    I have MKVtoolnix, but I don't see how to append the movies
    In the old GUI (mmg.exe) you add the first part (e.g. using drag&drop), then click "append" and select the second part. Then "mux". (Old GUI will be removed some time in future, so the exact process will change a bit)
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In the new mkvtoolnix-gui when you want to append a file you right click on the first file you added and choose append and add the file.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    In the new mkvtoolnix-gui when you want to append a file you right click on the first file you added and choose append and add the file.
    Ok, this worked! Geez I have to admit I feel a little silly having being able to do it all this time .. I'll let you know how it turns out
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Worked like a charm. The quality is as if it were the blu-ray. Thank you all for the help. I truly appreciate it.
    Quote Quote