VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What is the best free software to rip blu-ray Region A to Region Free? Please don't suggest BDtoAVCHD because that takes ages to analyse a blu-ray disc or it gets stuck when it's at the process to analyse a blu-ray disc and when I use my PC it says BDtoAVCHD is "not responding". Also please don't mention software that requires AnyDVD HD because AnyDVD HD cost a lot of money and I'm not paying around £50.00 for that, mostly when I only need to copy one film to Region Free. I don't understand why MakeMKV Beta copied one Region A blu-ray to Region Free and not my other film that's locked on Region A. Thanks.

2. Member
    Search PM
    There are only three software companies that make Blu-ray decryption programs reliable enough for us to recommend. Those are companies are Slysoft (makers of AnyDVD HD), DVDFab and MakeMKV.

DVDFab has two programs you can try, their main program DVDFab Blu-ray Copy and DVDFab Passkey for Blu-ray, the latter of which works in a manner similar to AnyDVD. Neither of these are free, though there are free trials available. DVDFab does have a completely free version of Passkey, called Passkey Lite, but it can only decrypt a limited number of Blu-ray titles, so it is very rarely recommended by anyone.

MakeMKV is the only free option that works reasonably well, but even the author of that program will tell you to get AnyDVD HD when his program fails.

3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Kerry56 View Post
    There are only three software companies that make Blu-ray decryption programs reliable enough for us to recommend. Those are companies are Slysoft (makers of AnyDVD HD), DVDFab and MakeMKV.

DVDFab has two programs you can try, their main program DVDFab Blu-ray Copy and DVDFab Passkey for Blu-ray, the latter of which works in a manner similar to AnyDVD. Neither of these are free, though there are free trials available. DVDFab does have a completely free version of Passkey, called Passkey Lite, but it can only decrypt a limited number of Blu-ray titles, so it is very rarely recommended by anyone.

MakeMKV is the only free option that works reasonably well, but even the author of that program will tell you to get AnyDVD HD when his program fails.
    Where can I find that free version of DVDFab that rips a limited amount of blu-rays? All the software you mentioned apart from MakeMKV costs money. The thing about MakeMKV I don't understand is, it let me copy one Region A film to Region Free and with the other film it either copies the disc that doesn't play as an invalid disc or it makes another Region A disc. I don't know why one Region A film copied to Region Free and the other copies and stays as Region A. I can't remember which way around it is, under MakeMKV Disc Backup, when I tick Decrypt Video Files, it either copies to Region A or it causes me to make an invalid disc. It might sound confusing. When I put the tick in it creates a Region A disc and when I take the tick out it creates an invalid disc. Either that or visa-versa where it creates an invalid disc when I put the tick in and it creates a Region A disc when I take the tick out. This is what I mean when I can't remember which way around it is.

Thanks.

4. Member
    Search PM
    http://www.dvdfab.cn/passkey-lite.htm

If it is capable of removing encryption on this particular disc (doubtful), you can run it in the background and work with other programs, like BDtoAVCHD.

5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I managed to find PassKey Lite. When I try to rip a blu-ray disc I get this message saying "DVDFab Passkey is not active for Drive F." Why? Why can't it rip the disc when other software can except the other software only rips to Region A. I wonder why this PassKey Lite doesn't work at all. Why can't things go right for a change?

This is so annoying now with all the rotten luck I've had for two days with so much software. First things were not burning properly with other films and as soon as I sorted that out, now one remaining film won't rip to Region Free and it's caused me to waste eight Blu-ray Dual-layer discs that are not cheap. It's one problem after another.

6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please do not create anymore threads on the same subject,just continue in this thread.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/372489-What-s-The-Best-Software-To-Copy-Blu-ray-%28...77#post2396177

This thread is closed.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.