VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Code:
    http://vevo.ly/s8uVLR

Click image for larger version

Name:	555.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	345.3 KB
ID:	32274

As you can see, it IS streaming 5200k on Vevo when playing the video on their site, but when downloading via livestreamer, I'm only pulling the 4200k stream. Am I using the right m3u8 file or is there another manifest or code I can use to get the 5200K stream with livestreamer or another program? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. youtube-dl seems to be getting 5200k for that video. But check it and see for yourself. Have ffmpeg in path/directory so youtube-dl can use it if it needs it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ponens View Post
    youtube-dl seems to be getting 5200k for that video. But check it and see for yourself. Have ffmpeg in path/directory so youtube-dl can use it if it needs it.
    Thanks for replying. Actually, there's not THAT much difference between the 4200k vs 5200k when viewing on a laptop, but when you're watching the videos on a large flat panel, the difference becomes more evident and every little bit helps. I've tried every iteration (for about an hour or so) to get livestreamer to snag the 5200k, but no dice. It's a great, lightweight program that serves most of my needs, it's just a shame I had to install bloated youtube-dl I even installed a "sissy" front end for it because I didn't want to mess with the command lines. Haha. Thanks once again, ponens.
    Quote Quote