VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What is the best software to copy blu-ray (Region A) to blu-ray (Region Free)? I've lost all faith in MakeMKV because it has a mind of it's own by ripping to Region Free whenever it feels like it and I'm very angry because I spent £18.99 on a spindle of ten blu-ray discs, Dual-layer to find out most of them went to waste because MakeMKV Beta kept on ripping for me to make another Region A copy that's no good. I only managed to copy on blu-ray to Region Free. MakeMKV has turned into a liability. I need something that I can trust to get the job done properly instead of wasting time and discs.

Thanks.

2. From what I gather probably Anydvd or I should say any Anydvd HD for bluray would be your best bet for what you want

3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mazinz View Post
    From what I gather probably Anydvd or I should say any Anydvd HD for bluray would be your best bet for what you want
    Thanks for suggesting that but that also rips Region A blu-ray to Region A. I can't understand why because I thought "Any" in the title means it will make discs play in "any" machine.

4. Originally Posted by Arthur_Ballsack View Post
    Originally Posted by mazinz View Post
    From what I gather probably Anydvd or I should say any Anydvd HD for bluray would be your best bet for what you want
    Thanks for suggesting that but that also rips Region A blu-ray to Region A. I can't understand why because I thought "Any" in the title means it will make discs play in "any" machine.

I am quite certain it was in the settings where you have to activate this type of removal, and of course making sure you are using the latest or close to the latest version

Search Comp PM
    click on the Anydvd hd fox in your system tray or click on the shortcut on the desktop if you have one,A window will open like the one below, select video blu-ray (1) then make sure "Remove Blu ray region code" is checked (2)

Click image for larger version

Name:	22-06-2015 15-38-28.jpg
Views:	3926
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	32277

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I never tried BD Rebuilder, but by any chance will it remove the region code when processing a previously decrypted movie stored on the HDD?

7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fatbloke88 View Post
    click on the Anydvd hd fox in your system tray or click on the shortcut on the desktop if you have one,A window will open like the one below, select video blu-ray (1) then make sure "Remove Blu ray region code" is checked (2)

[Attachment 32277 - Click to enlarge]
    I need some free software because AnyDVD HD costs too much money. Not only is it expensive, it expires after a year so it means buying it again every year. I wonder why a lot of ripping software is so expensive. I've seen one for $130.00 and those people have the nerve to ask for donations as well.

8. Banned
    Search Comp PM

I almost forgot. Thanks for the help but sadly I can't afford that software.

Search Comp PM
    Essentially, you are not buying the software. You are buying a licence to use it.

Renewals cost since these products require regular updates to encompass the various protection methods.

Most people do not rip 1:1 but convert to another format. Also you should not be burning straight to recordable media. If you have any doubt, you should first burn to rewritable media.

Search PM
    .....hence my reason for never getting into Blu Ray, and the burning aspect of it. Ridiculous restrictions and hurdles (player firmware update) for both playing and burning.

Search Comp PM
    I buy plenty of BD's but always transfer them on to my NAS so I can avoid all the crap at the head of most movies. Been using MakeMKV for a long time now and works for me quite well. No issues with region coding or frame rates etc. I really couldn't be bothered *actually* playing a disc
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851

12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I ended-up buying AnyDVD HD and now thinks seem to be going well. Many thanks to everyone at this thread and my other thread for helping and suggesting things. I hope the others at my other threads read my many thanks as well.

13. Banned
    Search Comp PM

I did what the screen shot says and it still copied as Region A where it always says "Invalid Region" on my screen.

Search PM
    Have you considered the possibility that you are actually having a standards problem (NTSC vs. PAL), but that your player is stupidly telling you this in the wrong nomenclature?

Region A = primarily Americas+Japan/Korea, where the predominant standard is based on NTSC (60Hz).

UK is in Region B and uses standard based on PAL (50Hz).

I'd bet money that is your true problem. And just making it region free won't fix the problem, either.

Scott

15. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Have you considered the possibility that you are actually having a standards problem (NTSC vs. PAL), but that your player is stupidly telling you this in the wrong nomenclature?

Region A = primarily Americas+Japan/Korea, where the predominant standard is based on NTSC (60Hz).

I'd bet money that is your true problem. And just making it region free won't fix the problem, either.

Scott
    The thing I don't understand is why I managed to copy something else with MakeMKV and I copied it to Region Free and it played but not with the movie I'm trying to copy now. Then I got AnyDVD HD because I thought MakeMKV was causing the problem.

Thanks for your information.

16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Arthur_Ballsack View Post
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post

Scott
    The thing I don't understand is why I managed to copy something else with MakeMKV and I copied it to Region Free and it played but not with the movie I'm trying to copy now. Then I got AnyDVD HD because I thought MakeMKV was causing the problem.

Thanks for your information.
    Something else, why does AnyDVD HD have all the remove regions settings with a Region Free setting all the time it doesn't rip to Region Free? The way I see it that software is garbage if some of the settings don't work. I thought the point of this software is to make copies available to play in any machine around the world. So many people at this forum recommended this software to me and now I find out the software is garbage.

17. Can you describe what are you actually trying to do?
    Copying BDMV with all the menu, or to better to say exact copy of your Blu Ray disc and then burning it it to make Blu-Ray disc again?

18. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thread closed,op was posting too many similar threads plus posting in other peoples threads on the same subject.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.