VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Video file that I cannot either burn to DVD or playback via a USB dongle on my TV/DVD,

this is what Mediainfo has come up with, please can you expert folks find me a solution to play this, preferably on a dongle, but if I have to burn it, then i can. Keeping the DD5.1 is priority for me. Thanks for any help

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled1.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	105.2 KB
ID:	32264
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    8.3GiB=Too large for a DVD-R SL, too large for FAT32 filesystem on USB. Get a DL disc (in which case it will burn as a data DVD, but you'll still have to work out how to play it), or reformat your USB to NTFS or exFAT (but there's no guarantee that those will be readable on your device).
    .OR.
    Cut into multiple segments and copy/burn each segment individually
    .OR.
    Re-encode your media (video and/or audio) to lower bitrate. Oh, and you could also remove the 2nd audio stream, but it's not contributing much to the size so is inconsequential.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Put in on Blu-Ray. Being 1080P it's not DVD spec anyway.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Telling us the exact kind of TV you have would help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter View Post
    1080p at 29.97fps isn't BluRay spec, either. Look here https://www.videohelp.com/hd#tech and here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=154533.

How do you know it's 1080p? efiste2 only posted the general display from MediaInfo. Somehow people never see the message at the bottom of the MediaInfo panel: "Note: for more information about this file, you must select a different view (Sheet, Tree...)". The O.P. can use Text View and copy/paste the full text report in the forum. Look at the MediaInfo image in post #1. Guess some folks think it's easier to make screen captures than just copying text.
    Last edited by LMotlow; 29th Jun 2015 at 08:56.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter View Post
    1080p at 29.97fps isn't BluRay spec, either. Look here https://www.videohelp.com/hd#tech and here http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=154533.

How do you know it's 1080p? efiste2 only posted the general display from MediaInfo. Somehow people never see the message at the bottom of the MediaInfo panel: "Note: for more information about this file, you must select a different view (Sheet, Tree...)". The O.P. can use Text View and copy/paste the full text report in the forum. Look at the MediaInfo image in post #1. Guess some folks think it's easier to make screen captures than just copying text.
    I'm sorry I didn't plainly state what I meant.

I never said it was Blu-Ray spec. The OP stated it wouldn't fit on a DVD. The stream 1 specs show "1920x1080". So if he is trying to play the file back from disc, it would have to be on a Blu-Ray player, regardless of it meets the spec or not. If he has a Blu-Ray player to play the disc, why not simply put the file onto a BR disc?
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    I understand that, but if the vid isn't BD compliant to begin with, many players and TVs will have problems with it regardless of how it's stored to media. When BluRay players see a BluRay disc, most of them have certain expectations about the way that video is structured. Some devices can handle non-compliant video and various media storage, some just choke on it. We don't have a full MediaInfo report anyway, so it's a guessing game so far.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the file is burned as data, it shouldn't matter. Most BR players (and TV's) have file playback support and will play those files from most any disc or USB input. Sure the file may still not be compliant.

So sure, we can debate IF the file will play or not. But that wasn't the question. The OP is trying to get the file to the player. Until he can even try to play the file, we won't know if it's supported or not.

I was simply offering a solution to the question.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote