VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have searched and maybe not using the correct terms found nothing,

I have an existing file that I'd like to edit and add a new part in the middle of the existing one. IE: Clip #3 needs to be in the middle of Clip #4. I see how to 'append' Clip #4 but that puts Clip #3 at the end of my Clip#4. I've tried to past it in but it doesn't seem to work.

Is it possible to do this with Avidemux?

Sorry I am new to this and hardly ever get a chance to practice with it.

Thanks in advance!

J T
    Quote Quote  
  2. Append clip #4 to clip #3, then append clip #3 to the end of clip #4. Trim internally to suit.
    Quote Quote  
  3. johns0 Here's a the reason I posted a similar thread to the original one months back...........

What I was trying to do CANNOT be done using Avidemux I found this little tidbit in the Avidemux forum from a member named "eumagga0x2a" :

You don't do anything wrong, it is a bug. Currently it seems that the position of the B marker is not taken into account when copying video. "Paste" pastes everything from the A marker till the end of the video at the current slider position.

Could this be a release blocker despite the EBML header story and the related urgency, please? Copy & paste is basic functionality, maybe the fix is not dificult in this case.

That answers why I posted a similar post to my original one, the bleeding program can't do what I was trying to do! It's a known bug apparently still NOT fixed.

Enjoy your day
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avidemux has always had these kind of bugs. Have you tried Virtualdub ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Digging up old threads again
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    Digging up old threads again
    Really.
    Also my OLD version of AviDemux works perfectly. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Quote Quote