VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. The deleted scenes on the Star Wars 2011 BD have an introduction at the beginning with a description of the scene. I can see this when I play the disc but I cannot see the text once I rip the disc.

I thought that the text would be in one of the subtitle streams but it isn't there.

Does anyone know how to get the text to appear?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    more info is needed. what are you using to rip the disc with??
    Quote Quote  
  3. I've tried ripping with DVDFab and AnyDVD HD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. There's a strong possibility the introductory text is technically a menu and will only appear if you've ripped the entire disk, it's whole structure, and are using a player that supports full BR playback.

Does your rip include a number of smaller (>100mb) .mts files?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    There's a strong possibility the introductory text is technically a menu and will only appear if you've ripped the entire disk, it's whole structure, and are using a player that supports full BR playback.

Does your rip include a number of smaller (>100mb) .mts files?
    You're right - I just played the rip in PowerDVD and the text did show. The text must be part of the BD menu. I guess there's no way to get it to show in the individual m2ts file.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You can combine the "title" .mts with the "clip" .mts into a single file. How difficult that is depends on whether they are encoded identically.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It looks like m2ts and clpi files are encoded identically. How do you combine them?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Jackson2317 View Post
    It looks like m2ts and clpi files are encoded identically. How do you combine them?
    That wouldn't be the case, since .mts is a media file and .clpi is data. The menu background will generally be an .mts file. See here: https://www.videohelp.com/hd

mts files can often be concatenated with ffmpeg. Here are instructions for both identical and differing codecs: https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Concatenate
    Be aware that menus and video clips often will have different sets of audio channels as well.

MKV toolnix can append files if the sources match and you're willing to end up with an mkv.

You can also go the commercial route with smart renderers like VideoReDo and TMPGenc Mpeg Smart Renderer.
    Last edited by smrpix; 15th Jun 2015 at 18:27.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Okay, thanks for the help but I think there are probably too many layers of menus for it to be worth joining the files together.

I also can't find which menu m2ts files contain the introductions.
    Quote Quote