VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    In our application, we need to transmite multiple video stream concurrently to multiple destinations, when the total number of concurrent video streams is small, our system can handle pretty well; but when the total number of concurrent video streams is increased to certain number (eg 18), the received stream quality is lower, can see the streams may freeze for a few seconds sometimes, does any one know how to improve video transmission in such case?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    It would help if you could explain what 'our system' entails.

If may be a capacity issue: not enough processor power, not enough lanes, disk throughput, internet bandwidth etc.

Hard to tell without system specifications.

Last edited by newpball; 14th Jun 2015 at 22:01.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    thanks for your reply.
    our system is a station video monitoring system for Train stations, it needs to transmit multiple concurrent camera streams to central control room through LAN.

it is running on QNX platform, 8G RAM, 4G CF card, cpu usage is about 2-3%, LAN throughput capacity is more than enough.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Sound more like an issue with your lan output since it causes reduced stream quality and freezing,might be the point where all the streams are split.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    yes, we also think so. now the LAN capacity is 10M, we have 20 streams, each stream is 1.5M, total 30M. it is far below LAN capacity. the problem is how to transmit the streams as fast as possible to improve the stream quality.
    Quote Quote