VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi
    I'm hoping someone has advice. I have a lot of mkv files which when I play them (in VLC for example), they play with the subtitles as I want. But when I try and convert the mkv file to mp4, the subtitles do not transfer over. I am looking for a way to convert where when I play the mp4 file, it plays the subtitles as well, even without me having to choose a subtitle track. I just want it play in the file all the time. Is there any way at all to do this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Have you tried MkvToMp4? It keeps the subs but I have no idea whether or not the subs will then play automatically.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    StaxRip is also capable of remuxing, it has copy modes ('Just Mux' in StaxRip terminology) for video, audio and subtitles. Batch processing is also supported. In case of problems you can use the support thread:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/369913-StaxRip-x64-based-on-AviSynth-x64
    Quote Quote  
  4. It also depends on the type of subs. MP4 container doesn't support all types of subs
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks guys I am going to try all these options because the advice I got from a friend seems way complicated and with too many steps. He said I should use mkvcleaver to take the file apart, then use avc converter and create an mp4 file with the contents from what mkvcleaver demuxed. I understand what he is saying but I am thinking some of the suggestions you guys made will be way easier.
    Quote Quote