VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Potplayer plays multiple video files consecutively, but the playback speed is reset to 1.0x at the start of each video. Is there any way to set the default playback speed for all files?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    What version does this happen with?
    I've had multiple versions (scattered between 1.5.26143 to 1.6.64265), and playback speed is maintained between playlist items (also if you Pause or Stop). Speed is only reset on complete program restart or if you manually override it (as you'd expect).
    Last edited by katipo; 10th Jun 2015 at 11:12.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I'm using v1.6.54133, Win 7-32

I have a folder that contains many wmv files. When I double-click on the 1st file, it begins to play in PP, when it finishes, the next file starts. If I increase the playback speed during the playback of 1st file, it is reset to 1.0x when the next file begins. I tried different settings regarding single/multiple instances, but there was no difference.

I tried adding all the files to a playlist, but the result was the same as above.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I tried the exact same ver on Win7 32-bit and it worked just as expected (like the others). As long as you're using just one instance of PotPlayer, it continues to append new files to the playlist, and play speed stays the same across all files. This was on a clean install. I can only suggest doing an Initialize within Preferences. I used the build-in decoder for video and audio - in case it matters. Maybe someone else can suggest a fix, but unless it's reproducible it's hard to help.

(I seem to be experiencing glacially slow delays connecting to pages on this forum)
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    You've put me on the right track

I initialized the configuration and it's operating as you described. Now, I will have to find out what is causing my problem.

Thank you!

edit: couldn't determine what the problem was, but everything is fine, now.
    Last edited by OldGeek; 11th Jun 2015 at 19:35.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Is there anyway to set a 'default' playback speed to 2x?????
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ERGuy View Post
    Is there anyway to set a 'default' playback speed to 2x?????
    Yes this is what I want to know too.

Having to press "C" many times after every startup of the program is very inconvenient.
    Quote Quote