VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi everyone,

I feel sure this has been asked before but cant seem to find the exact answer.

I have a small Bar in Liberia. I have a Home built PC behind the bar with decent ATI card and HDMI out. I have my computer screen behind the bar and several TV's and a projector all hooked up to various HDMI splitters from the computer and a Sat Decoder. I can quickly switch between either or and Basically it all works great.

Now I have all these Concert Vids and Boxing matches on the computer to play on the big screens around the bar.

I have VLC, Pot Player, SM Player and MPC all installed. I have tried each one. I really want the main controls on the Computer screen behind the Bar and just have whatever videos I am playing then play full screen on all the rest of the TV's and Projector Screen. I know I can drag the Video over but Its so hard to see, its a messy solution and well....not what I would like to do each time and when not there the wife will be stumped.

I need a nice click and play solution. Click on the video file I want, or video playlist and it starts on second screen(s) with no messing around. What player do the Forum members reccomend I use, if any available, to achieve what I want.

If I have to pay for a decent program I will, just not the earth. Ideas please and how to set-up so its a permanent fix.

I'd appreciate any suggestions, set-ups and general advice.

Thanks
    Staylong
    Quote Quote  
  2. This is exactly what you want but I'm not sure if it works with multiple sub-screens.

At least it works on 2nd screen.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-06-03_14-02-02.jpg
Views:	2617
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	32025

Other than this, try zoom commander. It is designed for such purpose.
    http://www.inmatrix.com/zpcommander/
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    sheppaul Hi, Thanks for the reply. What program is this taken from?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Normally with two monitors you'd just set the one you want to use as your primary display and enable the second monitor. You can do it via Windows Display Properties or whatever the equivalent is these days, and there'll be more options in your video card's control panel. Something like clone, span or dual view etc. You probably want "dual view".

Then you could configure a player to automatically switch to the second monitor when you go into fullscreen mode. For MPC-HC you can tell it which monitor to use in fullscreen mode under Options/Playback/Fullscreen.

That'd work fine for two monitors and if as far as your PC is concerned you only have two..... the PC monitor is one display and the HDMI splitter is a second display..... that should work fine. If Windows sees a whole bunch of individual monitors (which I doubt) you might need to set them up as clones of the second monitor or something like that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by staylong View Post
    sheppaul Hi, Thanks for the reply. What program is this taken from?

Thanks
    Potplayer.
    Quote Quote