VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, everyone. I'm trying to create chapters for an MKV file that has multiple tracks. Creating chapters is easy when the video stream is in a single track. When multiple tracks are present, however, shouldn't there be a TrackUID tag or something? Actually, two TrackUIDs I'd imagine for each chapter: one for the video track and one for the audio track.* we can leave subs out of the discussion, unless they are handled in the same way, which would be interesting to hear.

Assume an MKV file with 3 one-minute video and audio tracks (6 tracks total). The odd tracks are video, the even tracks are audio. What would the XML look like, to make chapter 1 = tracks 1 and 2, chapter 2 = tracks 3 and 4, and chapter 3 = tracks 5 and 6?

Everything that I've read about segment linking seems to be about linking different MKV files in the same directory, which is *not* what I'm trying to do here. Any help would be appreciated. Thx!
    Last edited by mBrane; 31st May 2015 at 08:52.
    - mBrane
    Quote Quote  
  2. Very lively debate here! Evidently, I'm the only man in Orion's Spur with the need to join multiple tracks into a single virtual timeline. So much for the flexibility of MKV, if the answer (almost always) is to merge into a single track. Still listening, but...
    - mBrane
    Quote Quote  
  3. User MBrane. Few have any creative work, not even a written what you have done up to now in this XML.
    My question is this? What program to handle this ???
    Originally Posted by mBrane
    Assume an MKV file with 3 one-minute video and audio tracks (6 tracks total). The odd tracks are video, the even tracks are audio. What would the XML look like, to make chapter 1 = tracks 1 and 2, chapter 2 = tracks 3 and 4, and chapter 3 = tracks 5 and 6?
    Because if no, why waste my time?
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <!-- <!DOCTYPE Tags SYSTEM "matroskatags.dtd"> -->
    <Tags>
    <Tag>
    <Targets>
    <TargetTypeValue>30/50</TargetTypeValue>
    <TargetType>CHAPTER/MOVIE</TargetType>
    <TagEditionUID>15378027437809982595</TagEditionUID>
    </Targets>
    Code:
    <Chapters>
    <EditionEntry>
    <EditionFlagHidden>0</EditionFlagHidden>
    <EditionFlagDefault>0</EditionFlagDefault>
    <EditionUID>15378027437809982595</EditionUID>
    </EditionEntry>
    </Chapters>
    In the MKV container can be only one chapter in multiple languages. Each song audio / video / chapter sea be described separately. The problem is that I have not seen a program that reads the information.
    Quote Quote  
  4. This sure I am you know not I speak about, yes? Yes... Did not work, BTW. Next?
    - mBrane
    Quote Quote