VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all,

I am trying to make a DVD (as i have done countless times before) with DVD flick and have downloaded a video in MP4 720P and when i try to add it to DVD flick it says it has no usable video track and will not be added.

Why is this?? I can watch it fine, so obviously there is a video track.

Why does DVD flick not think so?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use avstodvd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, maybe a software change would be best. it seems like AVStoDVD is a better program than the one i am using now.

Do I need any additional software like AviSynth?

I assume i would still use ImgBurn like i am now
    Quote Quote  
  4. The "Installer" package contains all you need to run AVStoDVD.

And, yes, if you have ImgBurn already installed, AVStoDVD will use it.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Fantastic!! Excellent answer.

I will be installing it ASAP and will report back.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hi, I've met same problem too, u may try changing the mp4 location, maybe it works. (I changed the mp4 from the download folder to desktop)
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You just need to shorten the file name to max 3 words without any special character.
    Quote Quote  
  8. DVDFlick cant handle x265 videos.
    Quote Quote  
  9. All "no usable video track" errors I have seen is due to 'Visual Usability Information' in the codec. You can use VLC to view codec information. If you see 'Color primaries...', 'Color transfer function...', and/or 'Color space...', probably too new for DVD Flick. If you see these, and maybe other things, you can use XMedia Recode (Free) to recode the MP4 file. Ensure 'Visual Usability Information' is set to 'Unspecified'. Recode, and for me, DVD Flick did not have a problem with the recoded file - it works.
    Quote Quote  
  10. use XMedia Recode (Free) to recode the MP4 file.
    Is that (recode) a fast operation, or does this convert the file? (which usually takes about 5 hours on my weak windows 7 netbook).
    Quote Quote  
  11. I am using Win10 on a workstation. For reference, a 90 minute mp4 clip re-coded in 12 minutes. Like DVD Flick, Xmedia uses ffmpeg, and I think DVD Flick does more processing (to make fit) than Xmedia recode. Its worth a try, use a 15 minute or 30 minute clip as a test run.
    Quote Quote