VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. So I went ahead to upgrade my old TMPGEnc 5 to the new 6, because 10bit color depth and HEVC seemed quite tempting to try. Unfortunately I now often get the error "The An error occurred in the DirectShow File Reader bridge system terminated abnormally (5)". After that, it opens the preview window with the correct frame count of the source I want to import, but the preview is entirely black and I can't close TMPGEnc normally, have to kill the process in the task manager.

Does anybody have a clue what that error means and how to fix it? I can rule out that my scripts are ****ed, since they work fine in VirtualDubMod. I just prefer TMPGEnc's interface and some of its functions, so I'd be quite happy to be able to continue to use that properly. I have not yet been able to determine what exactly causes the scripts to produce this error, it seems quite random. One that's repeatedly given me problems was:

Code:
    AVCSource("x:\xxx\xxxxx\00012.dga")
    ConvertToYV12()
    MCTemporalDenoise(settings="low")
    That dga index is pointing to an .h264 file extracted from a BluRay. If I do these same operations with a DirectShowSource or AVISource (for example importing a .ts file that's been captured from TV or whatever), it seems to work more often, but even then I have to re-try it countless times for TMPGEnc to load the video correctly.

Never had these problems in TMPGEnc 5 once. I noticed that TMPGEnc 6 has some restrictions for some file formats and certain codecs, according to their website, but I don't think that's been any different in 5.

I think that's all I have to say for now, feel free to ask for more info if you should need it. Help would be much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. you can create a fake avi with avs2avi
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    you can create a fake avi with avs2avi
    Unfortunately keeps crashing for me, never used it before though, so I might be doing something wrong. Wouldn't that be essentially the same as encoding with VirtualDubMod to avi?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Not even close, virtualmode makes real avi with a substantial amount of data in the end (+/- large file) , avs2avi does the opposite (= very small file) but such a file is only useable for softwares so you can import the fake avi and reencode it (sony vegas is an example)

The way it works is simple: Drag your avs script to the avs2avi executable directly
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    Not even close, virtualmode makes real avi with a substantial amount of data in the end (+/- large file) , avs2avi does the opposite (= very small file) but such a file is only useable for softwares so you can import the fake avi and reencode it (sony vegas is an example)

The way it works is simple: Drag your avs script to the avs2avi executable directly
    Great, I've been doing that right then, but for some reason it just keeps crashing after a couple seconds of being open. And it's really just a matter of time, it doesn't matter which options I pick, even if I pick nothing, it crashes after 10 seconds or so. Any clue what that's about?

Thanks very much for your help so far I think avs2avi could really be helpful here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You can try avfs (avisynth virtual file system) , which is much more stable than avs2avi
    Quote Quote  
  7. Always a pleasure to see you poisondeathray! That Pismo File Mount Package does create some system instability at times... The first time I tried it my whole computer locked up until I killed the process. After a quick reboot I tried again and TMPGEnc actually read a script that never once worked before! Thanks so much, that means I can continue using it

Nonetheless many thanks to themaster, you definitely set me on the right path!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Hi everybody,
    I've got the same problem when I import a MOV, Quicktime Reference from Avid.
    I always work with this files in TMPGEnc Works 5, but now moving to TMPGEnc 6 I can't.
    As I import this MOV I got "The An error occurred in the DirectShow File Reader bridge system terminated abnormally (5)"
    Then as click OK, I got "Access Denied: error code 0x80070005"
    Anybody can tell me what's going on?

Thanks for replies
    Roberto
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by thx3600 View Post
    I've got the same problem when I import a MOV, Quicktime Reference from Avid.
    My trial of 6 just expired, but I don't recall it being a problem. (I'm sticking with 5 for the time being because I see nothing new in 6 that I need.)

A few things to try:

1) re-install Quicktime
    2) create a simple avisynth script such as:
    QTInput("myfile.mov", audio=1)
    ConvertToRGB()
    and load the .avs
    3) Make sure your QTRef includes files of the same dimensions/framerates -- or better still...
    4) Do a video and audio Mixdown of your show before exporting as QTRef.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    ... but I don't recall it being a problem.
    A few things to try:
    1) ....
    Hi smrpix, thanks for suggestions.
    I will try some of these.
    But my question remain: why before with TW5 everything goes right and now with TW6 I can't use QT reference?
    Why???
    Same Workstation, same files... but...
    I hope this is only a bug that Pegasys will fix with next update (because now I paid for something that I can't use!)

Bye
    Roberto
    Quote Quote