VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Has anybody noticed, and/or knows the reason why, InpaintFunc seems to work better when using Avisynth+, as opposed to Avisynth 2.6? At least in DeBlend mode. I'm not sure about the other modes yet.

I'm using Avisynth 2.6 RC3 at the moment but I'm pretty sure 2.6 RC1 was exactly the same. Here's three screenshots to demonstrate the difference. All I'm doing is switching the Avisynth version MeGUI uses. The script is exactly the same, with the exception of loading the ImageSeq plugin for Avisynth 2.6 as it's a built-in function.

#LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\avs\plugins\ImageSeq.dll")
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\MeGUI\tools\ffms\ffms2.dll")
    FFVideoSource("E:\test.mkv", cachefile="D:\test.ffindex", fpsnum=25, fpsden=1, threads=1)
    InpaintFunc(mask="D:\test.bmp", loc="86,4,-482,-276", mode="Deblend", speed=20, ppmode=3, pp=75)
    crop(6, 0, -6, 0)
    Spline36Resize(640,360)
    No Logo removal
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	31895

InpaintFunc & Avisynth 2.6

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	523
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	31896

InpaintFunc & Avisynth+

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	31897

This is the bitmap I'm using (uploaded here as a jpg) It probably doesn't quite match the logo in the first screenshot due to the resizing in the script, but it does before the resizing. I don't think I'm doing anything silly there?

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	31899

I tried switching Avisynth versions before the video had been analysed for logo removal (previously I was analysing using Avisynth+ then checking with Avisynth 2.6 for differences), but nothing changed. Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 24th May 2015 at 06:49.
    Quote Quote