+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hitman800,

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/subtitle_workshop.html

I just found that tool, it is supposed to join subtitle files without editing the text file manually. Until now I have known only the hard way, that means editing the text file line by line. So if you have splitted your subtitles accidentally, you can join them again. Then you can split the file into 3 parts.
    what do I do now to get them permanently on the SVCD? Which program shall I use?
    Adding permanent subs requires reencoding. I tried to explain the method above. Did you read the thread?

If your player support SVCD subs or CVD subs, you can convert your files to that format with MaestroSBT and mux it to the MPEG with winsubmux
    Download a SVCD sample here.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks.

Yes, I read the thread but found it very technically

I will try that tool, you're referring to.

Hitman800
    Quote Quote  
  3. Please Help...

I am stuck at the 1st scenario. It read

Let's start VirtualDub, select file > open the video file.
    Select video > filters > add vobsub
    A configuration dialog will pop up......

I tried open the video file by clicking on file > open video file. It game me an error.

"Coulden't locate decompressor for format 'Div3' (Microsoft High-speed MPEG-4 V3 [HackiviX Low-Motion])
    VirtualDub requries a Video for windows (VFW) compatible codec to decompress video. DirectShow codes, such as those used by Windows media player are not suitable.

What the error ? What should i do to solve it. Thanks...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Install the DivX ;-) 3.11 alpha low motion codec.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been playing with vobsub+avisynth for creating video clips with subtitles from DVD rips. I found that the avisynth plugin from vobsub 2.18 doesn't seem to work correctly in the YUY colorspace, the subtitles got added just fine but some of the colors in the rest of the picture were messed up. I had to do a ConvertToRGB() first to get good results. I haven't used older versions or the other vobsub plugins (textsub, VirtualDub, etc.) so I can't say if they have the same problem. It might be helpful to add a note about this to the guide.
    Quote Quote  
  6. my problem is when i start to install vobsub for virtualdub and textsub for virtualsub and it asks to select the directory where vistualdub is installed at... it just isn't installed! i just have the .exe file and usually i just click in it and the program opens. but if i select the directory the .exe is in, it just won't work. i get an error saying it's not a valid path for virtualbub, so the plugins won't be installed.

how do i correctly install virtualdub or is there another way to fix that?
    thanks!

take care.
    Quote Quote  
  7. ok, i found out, well, sort of... i'm just adding manually the pluggins.

anyway, i've goit another problem now (what else is new?). i did all of the guide said, and have my mpg file now. the problem is that it won't open. i9 tried changing the player, but it just doesn't. plus, my computer turns off and re-start by itself (using all players).

anyone know what´s wrong?

i forgot to say that when i open the original movie (without the subtitles) an warning about an improper VBR audio comes in, and it says that will re write the audio header with standart CBR and that this may introduce up to 178742 ms of skew from the video stream. i don't know what that means, but maybe this is important.

and... when i tried to open the subtitled file in tirtualdub to scan for bad frames, it gave this error: "MPEG import filterack synchronization error".

????

take care.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I just wanted to know how to make the karaoke feature function in vobsub's submux. I use *.ssa, and the commands work when hard encoded in VirtualDub, but when I use the same *.ssa and mux it with the avi, the file would play OK, but but the karaoke part is not moving at all. The primary color is stuck on one half of the line and the secondary color on the other half

is this a bug, or is it simply impossible to mux karaoke features? I just wanted to know since I only wanted to soft encode my avis.

Thanks a lot! ^_^
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have used the "How to add permanent subtitles with VobSub" guide to add subtitles to a vcd made from a DVD-Video. Under Scenario 1, the guide write open the video file. Which file? Which file extention? Should VobSub/Virtual Dub be used after Smartripper and before DVD2AVI? How is the correct order?

Thanks in advance!

Mr. Andersen from Denmark
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm on this step right here and I can't seem to get it right. I got the video open, I went to video > filters, but can't seem to find where the add vobsub is. I went to add filter and didn't find where the vob sub is.

Let's start VirtualDub, select file > open the video file.
    Select video > filters > add vobsub
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's my first time ripping a DVD and I am basically have the same question as Jan65. I've ripped the dvd to vob using smartripper, but i'm not sure when to incorporate the subtitles before i make it into a VCD. If someone could clarify this that would be great.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by Truman
    @ chrs, usually one creates .bmp subtitles to create selectable SVCD subs. However, you can add it permanently to the MPEG with Avisynth.

LoadPlugin("C:\dir\AVISYNTH SUBTITLER.DLL")
    AVIsource("C:\dir\filename.avi")
    AvisynthSubtitler("D:\subs","permsubs.txt")

@strangestribe, At the moment I have installed vobsub 2.16 and I have problems with submux too. I am still working on it, maybe I go back to vobsub 2.13.
    There should be a way to extract the muxed subtitles. Read the vobsub(submux) docs.

how can I add subtitles below the movie in the black zone?
    how can I add selectable subtitles in SVCD (bitmaps)?
    Quote Quote  
  13. I have a film with subs which already inside.
    Can I delete them anyhow?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Truman,

I have problem with scenario 1.

A did all as what you told, until

"Click start Frame server"
    A windows pop-up and ask frame server name.
    and i click okay, a window asking me to save vdr or avi. and save. and it did nothing.

no movement at all. what should i do next?
    everything
    Do i do anything wrong?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi, i was wondering if anyone could help me out, i followed this tutorial and did it successfully, but when i add the subs to the movie, there is no sound, so if i burn that new avi to a dvd, well convert it first then burn it, it wont have any sound, can sumone please tell me how to add subs and keep the sound with the avi file? thanks so much in advance
    Quote Quote