VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Howdy,
    Sorry if newbie question, I'm new!
    I need to cut some scenes from my .vob files copied from DVD.
    I tried so many software and most of them convert the output which I don't want to loose quality.
    Please introduce me some good software that just cut and don't change the quality.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Avidemux, Free Video Editor, MPEG Streamclip ..

Also note that even some editors change the container format from VOB the video/audio whitin may be unchanged.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you are thinking about cutting pieces out then creating an edited DVD minus the cut pieces, it's not going to work unless you re-author a completely new DVD by creating a completely new set of VOB files. Editing one VOB file then trying to stick it back into the set won't work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. no just cutting and then nothing
    Quote Quote  
  5. and how to merge 2 .ts files at original quality?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Instructions on how to do it with DVDShrink here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi again, just downloaded the latest x64 version of Avidemux to CUT my .vob files WITHOUT any kind of encoding and just save it as a new file...
    Audio Output and Video Output must be set to Copy so their format is intact, but what should I set for Output Format to have the exact same .vob format as source file?
    And any other settings I should set?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by omidsolo View Post
    Hi again, just downloaded the latest x64 version of Avidemux to CUT my .vob files WITHOUT any kind of encoding and just save it as a new file...
    Audio Output and Video Output must be set to Copy so their format is intact, but what should I set for Output Format to have the exact same .vob format as source file?
    And any other settings I should set?
    Avidemux doesn't provide VOB as an option for output. The choices it offers that will work for DVD audio and video are MPEG-PS and MPEG-TS. AviDemux doesn't cut or export DVD subtitles, but it will preserve N. American closed captions if there are any. If there is more than one audio track, select the those that you want to include manually with Audio->Select track. Up to 4 are allowed.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks dude, no any subtitles or extra audios, so what is what I need?
    Quote Quote  
  10. I think MPEG-PS is closest one, what's -PS ?!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think MPEG-PS is closest one, what's -PS ?!
    PS is an abbreviation for program stream. VOB is based on MPEG-PS, but has more features.

[Edit]
    Thanks dude, no any subtitles or extra audios, so what is what I need?
    If you are asking about how to get multiple audio tracks, then Avidemux allows up to 4 audio tracks for MPEG-PS. Click "Audio" on the menu bar and then "Select track". This brings up the window where you can select the audio tracks to include.

MPEG-PS doesn't support subtitle streams. You'll need to use external subtitle files.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 31st Aug 2016 at 13:36.
    Quote Quote