VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    As a continuation of things from this thread:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/371627-Critique-my-AME-CS6-settings-DV-avi-H-264-WD...V-Media-Player

I have a bunch of DVD's of my daughters ballet recitals. These are semi-pro shot and they sell the DVD's as a sort of fund raiser for the ballet school. Anyone who has a daughter in dance school is familiar with this stuff.

I want to rip the video off these DVD's (plain ol' NTSC interlaced 4:3 SD) and convert them to square pixel 59.94 progressive H.264 using QTGMC (and AI's dvhelper scripts) like in that other thread.

Last year, I already ripped some of these DVD's using Handbrake using these settings apart from standard:

container = mp4

Picture tab
    cropping = auto matic

Filters tab
    deinterlace = slower

Video tab
    quality = 18
    constant framerate (same as src)
    h.264 profile = high

By doing this, did I inadvertently chop out half of the interlaced fields?

If so, and I re-rip, what Handbrake settings do I need to get all the interlaced fields so that I can later use QTGMC to convert to 59.94 progressive files?

Or does Avisynth have a better script for DVD ripping than Handbrake?

Edit: also trying to make sense of this thread:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/363675-How-do-you-make-a-NTSC-interlaced-DVD-video-progressive
    Last edited by LouGee; 22nd May 2015 at 11:34.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    It's easy!

For a DVD, load the VOBs in DGIndex , save the project (and demux the video), create a Avisynth script using QTGMC, use at least slow mode. And it's done. Resize to whatever you prefer but always after deinterlacing.

Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by LouGee View Post

If so, and I re-rip, what Handbrake settings do I need to get all the interlaced fields so that I can later use QTGMC to convert to 59.94 progressive files?

You can't really "rip" with handbrake by definition . "Rip" means removing the copy protection and transfer a 1:1 digital copy to the HDD. Handbrake can't do that - it can only re-encode

If you set it up properly, handbrake can decode and re-encode losslessly with h264, but the filesize will be much larger, and it will take much longer than if you used an actual "ripping" software like anydvd, dvd fab, makemkv, dvd decrypter, dvd shrink (with no compression). The ripping software will leave it as the original MPEG2 (that's what "ripping a DVD" means) . And you can't use avisynth with handbrake (or with very great difficulty and a few extra steps) . In short, handbrake is the wrong tool for this if you want to use QTGMC.
    Quote Quote  
  4. For home made DVD's you just want to re-encode, you do not need any ripping tool, that removes encryption. But that tool needs be able to load a DVD title and use QTGMC while deinterlacing if that is what you want. DVD can have more titles, but home made DVD's of yours perhaps have only one title.

I have here a program that does exactly that. It was made for this purpose. You drop one of DVD title's VOB, choose audio you want to keep (if there is more) and it makes mp4.
    Not sure if you are aware that you can get mpg out of your DVD title without any re-compression.
    Are you sure you need to re-encode?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mpeg to MP4.zip
    Drop one of DVD VOB that is a part of your title you want to encode to convert the whole title to MP4.

Read info.txt
    This is for mpeg files (mpeg, m2t, m2v, mpeg, mpv, mp2, VOB) or home DVD's only (joins particular title VOB's - DGindex does) , it handles only PCM, mpeg1 layerII and AC3 audio, no inverse telecine, if interlace is detected it deinterlaces with QTGMC to double frame rate.
    In case of more audio tracks you can select audio you want, where before selecting you actually can hear the track, it uses ffplay to play video and particular audio track, because in DVD case it could be misleading, particularly with home made DVD's
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    handbrake is the wrong tool for this if you want to use QTGMC.

I've come to this same conclusion, I agree.

What I did tryout tonite was XviD4PSP to copy the DVD stream to ... yes... a huge (almost) lossless DV-avi file. I figure this may be the best to use with QTGMC to do the interlacing I want. (I've already done) https://www.videohelp.com/software/XviD4PSP

But on my first try w Xvid4PSP, the video was playing way fast on Win Media Player while the audio played at correct speed... whereas on VLC the video speed was fine, but the audio was messed up. How does DGMPGDec compare to Xvid4PSP?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by LouGee View Post
    By doing this, did I inadvertently chop out half of the interlaced fields?
    Kind of. Instead of de-interlacing to 60fps progressive you de-interlaced to 30fps progressive, so motion won't be as smooth.

Originally Posted by LouGee View Post
    I think Handbrake's slower de-interlacer uses Yadif de-interlacing. If you select "bob" as the de-interlacing method you should get "double frame rate" de-interlacing, once again courtesy of the Yadif de-interlacer (maybe as long as frame rate settings don't get in the way). I think setting constant frame rate and "same as source" (or 60fps) for the output should ensure constant 60fps progressive for an NTSC interlaced source.

Or does Avisynth have a better script for DVD ripping than Handbrake?
    Most Avisynth based GUI's default to using Yadif as the de-interlacer. For anything better, you really need to use QTGMC, which of course means using an Avisynth based GUI, and one that lets you modify scripts manually. I think Hybrid comes with QTGMC but I'm not overly familiar with it myself. For most GUI's you'd need to download QTGMC and the required plugins and get it working yourself, or checkout the basic instructions towards the end of this post and the zip file attached.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    For anything better, you really need to use QTGMC

Yep, that's what I intend to do. But first I want to get the DVD stream over to a big almost-lossless DV-avi file before QTGMC. I'm trying Xvid4PSP, but I'm running into the exact same problem as this thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/352636-Xvid4PSP-synchronization-problem which says:

The problem is it doesn't matter the settings I put in "Video Encoding" the encoded files passes the video in fast motion and the audio goes normal. ... (I'm not doing subtitles) .... but the video since the beginning goes to fast, like if I were fast forwarding it.

However, that thread was closed because he was trying to copy a commercial movie DVD, this is not that. But what can I do to prevent this problem of the dv-avi file having video going fast, but the audio going normal?

I also installed MediaInfo like that thread suggests. Great little program! Any special things I should be looking for in the original DVD or the dv-avi I made from it?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by LouGee View Post
    Any special things I should be looking for in the original DVD or the dv-avi I made from it?
    You could post the script XviD4PSP used. I found it sometimes has a nasty habit of changing the script after I edit it. In addition, a text screen from MediaInfo for the DV AVI and maybe a short 10-second sample of the video might be useful.

But first I want to get the DVD stream over to a big almost-lossless DV-avi file before QTGMC.
    Why? The usual procedure when working with DVDs is to make a D2V project file using DGIndex followed by creating a script using the DGDecode.dll and MPEG2Source to open the video. This is well explained in the docs included in the DGMPGDec package. Then to that basic script you can add QTGMC. You can do a better job yourself than any all-in-one program. A sample script might go something like:

MPEG2Source("BalletRecitalVideo.d2v")
    QTGMC(Preset="Fast")

With the needed DLLs and functions in your AviSynth plugins folder or added as 'LoadPlugIn' lines in the script, you should be good to go.

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC
    Quote Quote  
  10. I agree with manono.
    Very occasionally I output to a lossless file when I'm using QTGMC but that's because it's slow, and sometimes I'm not certain about the filtering I want to follow it. That way I can run encodes on the lossless file using different filtering without it running at QTGMC slow speed each time, but mostly I just encode with x264, no lossless intermediate file required. DVD to lossless then encoding with QTGMC seems even less necessary. Fairly pointless, really.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Alright, lets reboot this... forget everything I wrote above.

1. First let's get the VOB off of the DVD so that we can work with it on the hdd. For this I reload my old DVDdecryptor and used IFO mode with file splitting = none. And got 1 big .vob file. This DVD has no protection whatsoever, so all I'm using it for is to copyover to hdd.

Is DVDdecrypter still good enough for this? Am I losing anything in quality? Might something newer like MakeMKV be any better for what I'm doing?

2. Converting that interlaced .vob file to a 59.94 progressive MP4 (h.264) with square pixels and using QTGMC. It looks like once again, AI has me covered. I guess this is what "MPEG to resized MP4.bat" is for? Looking at the file, it converts mine to 640x480? And by double fps means 59.94?
    Quote Quote  
  12. you do not need to decrypt anything, it is home video, there should be no audio delay on thet DVD as well, pgcdemux, VOB2mpeg, DVDshrink would get you one long mpeg out of your DVD, ..... BUT,

that batch I posted somewhere above accepts directly your VOB. The way I did it, you drop one of your title's VOB and it uses VOB's that are part of that title. You can drop it directly out of your disc, copying to hardrive is not needed (only if you had some problem), for example there is title 01, that you want to encode:
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    then you just drop
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    and then you select audio track number (as you would see choices on screen then), if there is more, type go and you get mp4

remember, it is batch script, no special characters in paths, no parentheses for example, just alphabetical characters, numbers, underscore, spaces and some more, but use strictly better only mentioned above ...

if you want the best progressive, you need QTGMC and x264, if decrypter uses x264 (i do not know) and you can set it in optimal way (crf, decent number), then yes , even dvd decrypter would be fine, but i cannot say ...
    Last edited by _Al_; 31st May 2015 at 22:02.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    As always, thanks again. DVDdecrypter is essentially the same thing as VOB2mpeg. I even tested it and they both gave the exact same vob file (checked in MediaInfo... same size, codecs, etc) The vob is just an mpeg ver 2. (mediainfo says mpeg-ps)

I want to use these DVD's as little as possible. They're very fragile, and this is why I'm backing them up. I really prefer to just put them in for the 8-10mins that it takes to extract the vob/mpeg, then put it away. And work from the mpeg/vob on the hdd.

I'm processing a 4.4Gb vob/mpeg file right now w "MPEG to resized MP4.bat" but it's going to take 10hrs. I'll report back when its done
    Quote Quote  
  14. If you have those mpg on HDD, then you can run more instances at the same time, like 2 or 3 and CPU would be 100% even with QTGMC ... so it runs faster then basically. In this case, you can copy that "MPEG to mp4" folder, paste it to other hardisk if you have more hardisks so it would helped your hardisk, its needle to not go too crazy searching and writing files ...

or you can just wait for avisynth script to be generated (after audio is rendered) , and then cancel cmd window, look inside temp folder, that script is there, and just use that script for testing video settings, adding for example
    trim(0,600)
    or something at the end or whatever and test that script, encode that avs just to know what you are going to get, no sense to wait hours for result ...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    OK a little over 10 hrs later, here's part of the mediainfo.txt of the original:

General
    Complete name : C:\path\jd3.VOB
    Format : MPEG-PS
    File size : 3.89 GiB
    Duration : 1h 26mn
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 6 425 Kbps

Video
    ID : 224 (0xE0)
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format version : Version 2
    Format profile : Main@Main
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix : Custom
    Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=15
    Format settings, picture structure : Frame
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 6 041 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 8 000 Kbps
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Standard : NTSC
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.583
    Time code of first frame : 00:00:00:00
    Time code source : Group of pictures header
    Stream size : 3.65 GiB (94%)

And here's about up to the same with the generated MP4:

General
    Complete name : C:\path\mpeg2mp4\OUTPUT\jd3.mp4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media
    Codec ID : isom
    File size : 1.64 GiB
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 2 705 Kbps
    Encoded date : UTC 2015-06-01 22:03:08
    Tagged date : UTC 2015-06-01 22:03:08

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L3.2
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 6 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Bit rate : 2 442 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 8 719 Kbps
    Width : 854 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 59.940 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.099
    Stream size : 1.48 GiB (90%)
    Writing library : x264 core 138 r2358 9e941d1

The mp4 looks good! The size went from 720x480 to 854x480
    (Something about that 16:9 doesn't seem right - I'm looking into it - I thought this old DVD was 4:3 SD)
    Last edited by LouGee; 1st Jun 2015 at 18:25.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by LouGee View Post
    I thought this old DVD was 4:3 SD)
    The VOBs are definitely 16:9:
    PHP Code:
    Width 720 pixels
    Height 
    480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio 
    16:9
    Frame rate 
    29.970 fps 
    But, since most DVD players get the DAR from the DVD IFOs and not from the VOBs, I suppose there's a chance it really plays as 4:3. A slim chance. PGCEdit can tell you. How does the MP4 look at 854x480? 'Normal'? If it's the wrong aspect ratio you should be able to tell pretty easily. People will look noticeably 'fat'.
    Quote Quote  
  17. in that batch, mediainfo reads aspect ratio, so as you posted original with 16:9, that you going to get in output and with 16:9 resize in this case NTSC 16:9 I put their 854x480 (again you can change that resolution),

everything is possible, something what manono says, I remember Pinnacle could produce something similar like this, anyway, what DVD authoring did you use? If your video is really 4:3.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    what DVD authoring did you use?

These recital DVD's are made by little independent video companies, like the ones that do weddings. Most of these DVDs are showing as 720x480 4:3. That's the only one showing as a 16:9. There's one showing 704x442 AR = 1.445 and another as 352x474 AR = 4:3 and yet another showing 720x426 AR= 2.003. These guys are all over the place!

I see the resizing code in the BAT file starts around line 427.. what to do about these oddball sizes? (to get properly sized w square pixels)
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    OK a little over 10 hrs later, here's part of the mediainfo.txt of the original:
    Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=15
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 6 041 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 8 000 Kbps
    Width : 720 pixels

And here's about up to the same with the generated MP4:

Bit rate : 2 442 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 8 719 Kbps
    Width : 854 pixels

The mp4 looks good!
    OMG!

The size went from 720x480 to 854x480
    (Something about that 16:9 doesn't seem right - I'm looking into it - I thought this old DVD was 4:3 SD)
    Why waste your time? I thought you said it "looks good!". If cutting the bitrate by 65% for a lossy re-encoded final frame size bigger than the one you started with, and if that gutting made it "look good", maybe if you resize even more to 1280x720 and lower the bitrate to 612 kbps, you might be able to say it "looks good!!" with two exclamation marks.

Where's newpball when you expect it?
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    Where's newpball when you expect it?
    Haha!

Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Well, in this case, the expression "looks good" means "at least it worked". Maybe it's a regional thing Yea, I'm going to figure out the bitrate too.

newpball, you were the first to mention DGindex, and I tried it right away but.... well... is the IFO mode + "none" that's done in dvdvdecrypter/vob2mpeg doing the same thing as copying over and demuxing the vob's (in DGindex) as you said in your earlier post?

Stepping back, the goals within my 2 threads here in Videohelp remain about the same:
    1. get this content off of physical media and into files
    2. get the content out of the interlaced world and into progressive
    (you would think that adobes tools would be as good as some of these free tools, but they're not)

I think Hybrid comes with QTGMC but I'm not overly familiar with it myself.

Yes it does.... downloaded and digging through it also.
    Last edited by LouGee; 2nd Jun 2015 at 06:48.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Well, Okay. Understand, it's your video and people can do whatever they want with their stuff. But deinterlacing, resizing, and re-encoding do have a quality cost, the extent depending on how it's done -- and on how it's played. Most media players deinterlace on the fly, much the same way your TV does. Some tv's do it better, some ain't so hot. PC monitors don't dienterlace. Eventually you'll get a movie-based source that's telecined, not interlaced, and requires a good inverse telecine gizmo that does it properly (e.g, TIVTC), in which case the frame rate would usually be 23.976 fps.

I don't know why people don't get that a good media player deinterlaces\de-telecines without all that work. MC-BE, MC-HC, Media Player Classic, many others, all of them can do that and leave the source untouched. VLC player is pretty decent with standard def. Doesn't deinterlace by default, but you can set it to any of several choices in its options menu. VLC lets you specify "yadif 2X" for double frame rate if that's what you want.

It's up to you, of course. You do need a bitrate that's more than the low bitrate used for half-sized MPEG1, VCD, or the typical low PQ YouTube clip. If what you want is an original quality backup of the source, why not just save an unaltered copy to a hard drive? Whatever. I just don't see the point of exercises like this unless the source is garbage to begin with, but to each his own.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by LouGee View Post
    I see the resizing code in the BAT file starts around line 427.. what to do about these oddball sizes? (to get properly sized w square pixels)
    Try this batch, download it and RENAME its extension to BAT. I could not upload file with BAT extension, so i gave it txt extension for upload.

So that batch would ask you for output resolution, so no matter what goes in, it will resize to that resolution. If upscaling it will use Lanczos resize , if down-scaling it will use Spline resize. Put that batch in that "MPEG to MP4" folder.

Make sure that width and height are even numbers.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by _Al_; 2nd Jun 2015 at 19:55.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search PM
    LMotlow - good points, but perhaps a great deinterlacer like QTGMC given lots of processing time, can render a progressive video thats just as good if not better than a real-time deinterlacer in a media player?

newpball or anyone - is using DVDdecrypter (on an unencrypted DVD - essentially homemade interlaced SD video - no telecined movies) using IFO mode with "none" file splitting to render a vob/mpeg to my hdd giving me an exact copy of whats on the DVD?

AI - much appreciated! Already installed and I'll give this a try later today.
    ( I'm still trying to understand why some - but not all - of these DVD's came in resolutions and ARs other than 720x480 4:3)
    Last edited by LouGee; 3rd Jun 2015 at 05:51.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by LouGee View Post
    I'm still trying to understand why some - but not all - of these DVD's came in resolutions and ARs other than 720x480 4:3
    You say that you did not author those DVD's so you do not know what software did that. As I said, in the past I encountered VOB or mpeg that were coming from DVD doing this, it was authored in Pinnacle. You can just input width and height you want and it will resize to that.

But,
    as they tell you, just get those mpeg's out of it and store it, interlace, it is ok. Those BAT files we are using to encode MP4 with double frame rate , progressive, keyframe 60 and more generous bitrate, -- tune film or grain, the reason was that upon loading it into HD project in NLE, upscale of that interlace was not acceptable. NLE screws up interlace resize. And knowing it would be upscaled in that NLE I even did not resized at all, just using anamorphic aspect ratio (MPEG to anamorphic MP4.BAT). Due to volume and numbers of those DVD's lossless would be not acceptable.

So you just pull those mpg's out of DVD and be happy. For home DVD's I'd do the same.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by _Al_ View Post
    Mpeg to MP4.zip
    Drop one of DVD VOB that is a part of your title you want to encode to convert the whole title to MP4.

Read info.txt
    This is for mpeg files (mpeg, m2t, m2v, mpeg, mpv, mp2, VOB) or home DVD's only (joins particular title VOB's - DGindex does) , it handles only PCM, mpeg1 layerII and AC3 audio, no inverse telecine, if interlace is detected it deinterlaces with QTGMC to double frame rate.
    In case of more audio tracks you can select audio you want, where before selecting you actually can hear the track, it uses ffplay to play video and particular audio track, because in DVD case it could be misleading, particularly with home made DVD's
    I ran the batch file and it took its time, displayed progress, then declared "DONE", but nothing in output!

What went wrong?

Thanks

P.S.
    Batch file generated AviSynth Script
    Code:
    Import("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\QTGMC-3.32.avsi")                             
    LoadPlugin("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\mvtools2.dll")                                       
    LoadPlugin("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\RemoveGrainSSE2.dll")                     
    LoadPlugin("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\RepairSSE2.dll")                          
    LoadPlugin("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\mt_masktools-25.dll")                     
    LoadPlugin("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\nnedi3.dll")                              
    LoadPlugin("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\dfttest.dll")                             
    LoadPlugin("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\EEDI2.dll")                               
    LoadPlugin("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\FFT3DFilter.dll")                         
    LoadPlugin("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\nnedi.dll")                               
    LoadPlugin("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\nnedi2.dll")                              
    LoadPlugin("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\SSE2Tools.dll")                           
    LoadPlugin("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\VerticalCleanerSSE2.dll")                 
    LoadPlugin("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\AddGrainC.dll")                           
    Load_Stdcall_plugin("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\QTGMC 32-bit Plugins\Avisynth 32-bit Plugins\yadif.dll")                      
    LoadPlugin("C:\MPEG to mp4\tools\dgindex\DGDecode.dll")                                         
    MPEG2Source("C:\MPEG to mp4\temp\Diag_MPEG to resized MP4\phool\phool.d2v")                                         
    Assume()                                                
    QTGMC(Preset="slow")                                              
    Spline36Resize(640,480)

This is the screen output after inserting a Pause in batch file

PHP Code:
    Taking care of VOB

indexing video to get MyPhool
    .d2v

readings 
    for debug:
    bat_folder_name=Diag_MPEG to resized MP4
    temp_folder
    =C:\MPEG to mp4\temp\Diag_MPEG to resized MP4\MyPhool
    destination_folder
    =C:\MPEG to mp4\OUTPUT
    VTS1
    =D:\Dhool\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS2
    =D:\Dhool\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB
    switch=VOB
    vob
    =VOB
    track_ID
    =80

DgIndex
    :

encoding audio to MyPhool
    .m4a
    Nero AAC Encoder                                         *
    Copyright 2009 Nero AG                                   *
    All Rights Reserved Worldwide                            *
    Package build dateFeb 18 2010                          *
    Package version:    1.5.4.0                              *
    See -help for a complete list of available parameters.   *

ffmpeg version N-59852-g785dc14 Copyright (c2000-2014 the FFmpeg developers
      built on Jan 14 2014 22
    :02:00 with gcc 4.8.2 (GCC)

configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-w32threads --enable-av
    isynth 
    --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enab
    le
    -iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libcaca --enable-libfreetyp
    --enable-libgsm --enable-libilbc --enable-libmodplug --enable-libmp3lame --ena
    ble
    -libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-l
    ibopus 
    --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libsoxr --enable-libsp
    eex 
    --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvo-aa
    cenc 
    --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavp
    ack 
    --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
      libavutil      52. 62.100 
    52. 62.100
      libavcodec     55. 48.101 
    55. 48.101
      libavformat    55. 23.103 
    55. 23.103
      libavdevice    55.  5.102 
    55.  5.102
      libavfilter     4.  1.100 
    /  4.  1.100
      libswscale      2.  5.101 
    /  2.  5.101
      libswresample   0. 17.104 
    /  0. 17.104
      libpostproc    52.  3.100 
    52.  3.100
    [ac3 026933e0Estimating duration from bitratethis may be inaccurate
    Input 
    #0, ac3, from 'C:\MPEG to mp4\temp\Diag_MPEG to resized MP4\MyPhool\MyPhoo
    l.AC3':
      Duration: 02:33:51.01, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 448 kb/s
        Stream #0:0: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 448 kb/s
    Output #0, wav, to '
    pipe:':
      Metadata:
        ISFT            : Lavf55.23.103
        Stream #0:0: Audio: pcm_s16le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side),
    s16, 4608 kb/s
    Stream mapping:
      Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (ac3 -> pcm_s16le)
    Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
    size= 5192442kB time=02:33:51.00 bitrate=4608.0kbits/s
    video:0kB audio:5192442kB subtitle:0 global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0.000002
    %

The system cannot find the file specified.
    The system cannot find the file specified.

figuring out resize

NTSC video
    720x480  4:3
    video will be resized after deinterlacing to 640x480

creating avisynth script: C:\MPEG to mp4\temp\Diag_MPEG to resized MP4\MyPhool\M
    yPhool.avs

encoding of H.264 started at: 2017-03-04  23:59:49.93

x264 encoder
    encoding video: C:\MPEG to mp4\temp\Diag_MPEG to resized MP4\MyPhool\MyPhool.264

command line, short version:
     --crf=17 --aq-strength 1.5 --tune film --ref 6 --vbv-bufsize 20000 --vbv-maxrat
    e 18000

avs [error]: Script error: there is no function named "Assume"
    (C:\MPEG to mp4\temp\Diag_MPEG to resized MP4\MyPhool\MyPhool.avs, line 18)
    x264 [error]: could not open input file `C:\MPEG to mp4\temp\Diag_MPEG to resize
    d MP4\MyPhool\MyPhool.avs'

end of encoding video2017-03-04  23:59:57.01

muxing video audioC:\MPEG to mp4\OUTPUT\MyPhool.mp4

audio
    =yes
    Cannot find H264 start code
    Error importing C
    :\MPEG to mp4\temp\Diag_MPEG to resized MP4\MyPhool\MyPhool.264
    BitStream Not Compliant

Press any key to continue . . . 
    Last edited by ConverterCrazy; 4th Mar 2017 at 13:28. Reason: Additional info : command window output
    Sword is no substitute for kitchen-knife.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Copy/paste that cmd prompt window

right click it, choose select all and then using Ctrl+V , you paste it. If it is not going to work , do it couple of times, it will.

Also, you can choose to not delete temp folder by selecting delete_temp_folder :no in settings.BAT and explore avisynth script, if it works etc. , but if there was error that cmd prompt text would tell something
    Quote Quote  
  28. Thanks.

I have posted both in the previous post.
    One error, I can think of: Assume() must be the last line in the script
    Quote Quote  
  29. Mediainfo did not find field order, it looks for "Top field first", "bottom field first" or "Progressive". It did not find any of those.

What does mediainfo say if you give it that VOB?
    Last edited by _Al_; 4th Mar 2017 at 17:28.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Thanks for reply.

Here it is

PHP Code:
    General
    Complete name                            
    D:\Dhool\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
    Format                                   
    MPEG-PS
    File size                                
    1 024 MiB
    Duration                                 
    34mn 54s
    Overall bit rate                         
    4 102 Kbps

Video
    ID                                       
    224 (0xE0)
    Format                                   MPEG Video
    Format version                           
    Version 2
    Format profile                           
    Main@Main
    Format settings
    BVOP                    Yes
    Format settings
    Matrix                  Custom
    Format settings
    GOP                     Variable
    Duration                                 
    34mn 54s
    Bit rate                                 
    3 380 Kbps
    Width                                    
    720 pixels
    Height                                   
    480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio                     
    4:3
    Frame rate                               
    29.970 fps
    Standard                                 
    NTSC
    Color space                              
    YUV
    Chroma subsampling                       
    4:2:0
    Bit depth                                
    8 bits
    Compression mode                         
    Lossy
    Bits
    /(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.326
    Stream size                              
    844 MiB (82%)

Audio #1
    ID                                       189 (0xBD)-128 (0x80)
    Format                                   AC-3
    Format
    /Info                              Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension                           
    CM (complete main)
    Format settingsEndianness              Big
    Muxing mode                              
    DVD-Video
    Duration                                 
    34mn 53s
    Bit rate mode                            
    Constant
    Bit rate                                 
    448 Kbps
    Channel
    (s)                               : 6 channels
    Channel positions                        
    FrontL C RSideL RLFE
    Sampling rate                            
    48.0 KHz
    Compression mode                         
    Lossy
    Delay relative to video                  
    : -49ms
    Stream size                              
    112 MiB (11%)

Audio #2
    ID                                       189 (0xBD)-129 (0x81)
    Format                                   AC-3
    Format
    /Info                              Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension                           
    CM (complete main)
    Format settingsEndianness              Big
    Muxing mode                              
    DVD-Video
    Duration                                 
    34mn 53s
    Bit rate mode                            
    Constant
    Bit rate                                 
    192 Kbps
    Channel
    (s)                               : 2 channels
    Channel positions                        
    FrontL R
    Sampling rate                            
    48.0 KHz
    Compression mode                         
    Lossy
    Delay relative to video                  
    : -49ms
    Stream size                              
    47.9 MiB (5%)

Menu 
    Quote Quote