VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi you guys,

I'm getting a pretty annyoing issue with Yamb and MP4Box (probably also any other software like that)

Introduction:

Now and then I'm playing games with my friends and I record this. After rendering I like to have the video with an audio-stream of our voices and another one with the original game-sound. I edit and render the video with Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2014. At first I export the video-stream without audio. Then I export both audio-streams. At last I merge then by using Yamb. But since the last two videos I made I'm getting an issue ...

The issue:

When I play the merged video it freezes at a specific part. So for example, when you navigate to the middle of the video it freezes with the current frame, but audio is playing correctly. (This only appears after merging the audio-streams to the video-stream; the video without audio plays correctly). I thougt it might be an issue with Yamb, so I tried MP4Box and I got the same issue. Then I thought it might be because of my computer, so I used my laptop but I'm still getting this issue.

So it must be something with Adobe. Does someone have a solution for this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using a newer version of mp4box? 0.5.2?

You could also try mux with ffmpeg.
    Code:
     ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -i audio1.aac -i audio2.aac -map 0 -map 1 -map 2 -codec copy newvideo.mp4
    Last edited by Baldrick; 21st May 2015 at 05:06.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yamb hasn't been updated in a long time and it's always been buggy. Try Baldrick's suggestion, or if you want a GUI, try My MP4Box GUI. I don't think it's been updated in a fair while either, but at least it's not YAMB.

YAMB and MyMP4BoxGUI both use MP4Box to do the work. You can try upgrading their folder containing the MP4Box files with the ones from the newer MP4Box but chances are it'll end in tears. You never know though.....
    Quote Quote