VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi i am working on H264 encoding. I compress the raw video using the H264 encoder and then by the help of an Application(not written by me) create the mkv file. Now problem that I am facing is that out of 100 times, 2 or 3 videos are not playing correctly on Media player classic but run ok on GOM player. I am trying to troubleshoot the problem as I need to get them working with the media player classic.
    because of the fact that the video is being played well in GOM player, I am sure that the H.264 raw stream is fine and the problem is with the container.
    Please guide me what should be my approach in solving this problem? I am trying to analyze the MKV header byte by byte by reading the matroska header standard document but I cannot understand all the bytes in the header.
    Help me out please
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What do you mux/create the mkv with? MKvtoolnix / mkvmergegui ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am not using any tool. I am using a library which is written in C to add MKV container to the raw frame. I cannot get any documentation of the code
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried remux that non working mkv with mkvmerge and see if it plays in mpc? Just to be sure that it's the muxing part.

Then try find a mkvtoolnix muxing code library that you can use.
    Quote Quote  
  5. okay let me try that.

Update: Yes I just tried it and it works perfectly now on mpc. thanks
    now I should start working on the 2nd step which will be tough for me as I am not a software guy. Can you guide me about this library and does it have proper documentation?
    Last edited by Mohsin Shafiq; 19th May 2015 at 23:36. Reason: updated response
    Quote Quote