VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to rip a dvd but I get 10 more frames than I should. If I rip with the subtitles I get yet another frame count.
    I used option "same fps as original", constant frame rate. I tried also 25 (the dvd is 25), it didn't work better.
    Is there a way to prevent that or is just due to compression and there is nothing I can do about it? I went for speed "very fast", is slower going to get me more precise frame count or not? I'm using handbrake btw.

thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What you speak of is not the ripping but the converting.

You'll need to give us more specifics of the settings than that. Also, what are the media details of the source (beyond "25")?

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. What does details mean? PAL 25 frames per seconds...region 2 dvd, converted into x264, same as source, constant fps, constant quality 20, x264 preset very fast, x264 tune none, h.264 profile main, h.264 level 4.0, mostly all the defaults...
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    10 more frames? 35fps? What software says that?

Does it play and look okey?
    Quote Quote  
  5. 10 more frames in total that is like 130510 instead of 130500. It looks okay but I need precision. I did it again with some yolo settings in advanced this time I'm 75 frames off.
    I can see it in Vegas Pro. And handbrake tell me the number of frames of the DVD. No match. Before and after compression.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Handbrake's log file is reasonably detailed in respect to the frame count, how many frames it expected, how many there were, and/or how many were dropped or duplicated. What does it say?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Danny1 View Post
    What does details mean? PAL 25 frames per seconds...region 2 dvd, converted into x264, same as source, constant fps, constant quality 20, x264 preset very fast, x264 tune none, h.264 profile main, h.264 level 4.0, mostly all the defaults...
    Do you deinterlace?
    Quote Quote