VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone. I joined specifically to ask this question. I am interested in buying a Samsung UN32H5203. It has both an analog and digital optical audio out port. I have studio monitor headphones I would like to listen to it with. The TV will be hooked up to a standard cable in my wall to the DirecTV box two floors below me. I will also have a Samsung Blu-ray player hooked up via HDMI to it.

How can I go about getting audio to my headphones. I have heard I would have to get an adapter, decoder, and some cables to get it to work with the digital optical audio out. What about the analog audio out? That is what I am interested in.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Easy, use a pre amp.

Studio monitor headphones are specifically designed for editing sound. Since it appears you have no pro equipment your choice may not be the most desirable for most listeners.

Last edited by newpball; 17th May 2015 at 01:26.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by IZFSLE View Post
    Hello everyone. I joined specifically to ask this question. I am interested in buying a Samsung UN32H5203. It has both an analog and digital optical audio out port. I have studio monitor headphones I would like to listen to it with. The TV will be hooked up to a standard cable in my wall to the DirecTV box two floors below me. I will also have a Samsung Blu-ray player hooked up via HDMI to it.

How can I go about getting audio to my headphones. I have heard I would have to get an adapter, decoder, and some cables to get it to work with the digital optical audio out. What about the analog audio out? That is what I am interested in.

Thanks.
    The audio out port doesn't appear to be a headphone jack. That means it is a line-level connection. Read this thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/370758-TV-with-no-Headphone-Jack

Just a heads up, in case you don't already know... If by "a standard cable in my wall" you mean you are using a coax cable connection to the DirecTV box, you can't get a high definition picture that way. Coax will only provide a standard definition picture on analog channel 3 or 4, showing whatever is on the channel that the receiver is tuned to at the time.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 16th May 2015 at 23:42.
    Quote Quote  
  4. years back I had to have head phones hooked up to an analog set with rca audio out. Because it was a line level out, It had to then run into something with volume control. I did not have an amp, but I used an audio mixer and that worked as well
    Quote Quote