VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    An upgraded utility to batch merge video files with MKVmerge

Developed on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit: tested and working on Windows 10 & 11 . This latest version is 2.5.5; compile date November 4, 2022.

Requires MKVToolnix v8.9.0 or later to be installed on your system. MKVBatch v2.5.5 uses
    ffprobe.exe, which is supplied (ffprobe v4.1 from the FFmpeg project under the LGPLv2.1)

Many enhancements and fixes. A comprehensive HELP file is included.

Please Note: due to changes in how mkvmerge displays data, the "View Video File Info" function requires a copy of mkvmerge v19 in MKVBatch's install folder, otherwise the "View Video File Info" is greyed out. If you never plan to use this function you can ignore this requirement.

Please post me if you try MKVBatch and especially if you have any issues with it.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MKVBatch v255 Main Form.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	1.00 MB
ID:	67465  

Image Attached Files
    Last edited by librarien; 5th Nov 2022 at 23:48. Reason: Rewrite of all code.
    Quote Quote  
  2. please add custom command line option
    for example I want to correct accept ratio to 4/3 on all videos by adding "--aspect-ratio" "0:4/3"
    Last edited by roma_turok; 15th May 2015 at 00:58.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by librarien View Post
    2 menu items added, as per request. Video Format Options and User Defined Options, same as mmg. New version is now 1.0.1.

I have written a small utility to help me batch merge video files with MKVmerge and thought I would share it. It comes in an .msi installer (free version) and comes with a .chm help file (also from a free version help builder.)

The installed location can be changed during setup

Developed on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and also tested on Windows Server 2003 32bit and XP SP3 32bit.

Requires MKVToolnix to be installed and MediaInfo CLI (command line interface).
    Love the idea of this, but have been unable to get it to run. I set the paths and dragged the folders to run, but when I click on Run, it comes back that MKVMerge_batch has stopped running. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you installed mkvtoolnix? Or is it the the "set the paths"(to mkvtoolnix and mediainfo cli) part?

librarien: Does it create any error logs? If not then maybe you should fix that.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Have you installed mkvtoolnix? Or is it the the "set the paths"(to mkvtoolnix and mediainfo cli) part?

librarien: Does it create any error logs? If not then maybe you should fix that.
    Both are installed and the paths are correct. The issue occurs after I have added to the paths for the files to conver and clicked run.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick: MKVBatch captures mkvmerge's reports as the video is being merged. These reports are viewed under the menu "Process_Log". Some rudimentary MKVBatch errors will display a message box, but there are far too many possible errors to capture/display them all.

MrMcGyver: As I wrote in the help file, MKVBatch was developed on W7 Ult 64bit, but I did installs to an originally untouched XP SP3 32bit system. The versions that I have posted worked fine. However, there are some necessary files/programs which I do not supply. MKVToolnix must be downloaded and installed separately, as must MediaInfo command line interface.

This program was written in Visual Basic 6, which requires Microsoft's VBrun60sp5.exe to be installed. It is installed by default (so I have read) on all windows XP and above. If not, then you must download and install it.

Also note, I have taken pains to mention MediaInfo "command line interface" version specifically. The installed version if MediaInfo will not work for MKVBatch. If you have dropped the path from your copy of MediaInfo CLI under the menues Settings, Set Executable Paths then MKVBatch checks it for the proper size and displays an error if the version is not acceptable.

And earlier versions of MKVToolnix (7.0.0 for example) do not support the use of the "Fix Bitstream Timing Information" setting. Try unchecking this setting and try running MKVBatch again. Or upgrade MKVToolnix.

One final thought; MKVBatch uses "*.bat" files to perform the actual processing. These .bat files, and others, reside in the MKVBatch install folder. They are readable as plain text. Check the "mediainfo.bat" file, the "MediaInfo.med" file (which are the data from the video file being processed) and the "MKVM_Batch.bat" file (the bat that calls mkvmerge.exe and passes parameters to it). If "MediaInfo.med" is blank then MKVBatch will definately kak.

Sorry my response was so drawn out. The potential for problems is so great. A more specific (i.e. very detailed) set of actions and responses would go a long way to resolve your difficulty.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't work for me,set the path and named both video and subs with the same name.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    johns0L: Sorry to hear that. The help file supplied with MKVBatch should cover proper use of the program. Check in the Appendix, section Recognized Subtitle files, for specific subtitle extensions that are accepted. You may note as well, the video file name (minus extension) and subtitle file name (minus extension) need not be identical, but the whole video file name (minus extension) must be contained in the subtitle file name. This is illustrated under the menu Controls; Subtitles, section Add Subtitles.

What did the process log file say?

Please post a response so I know if it worked for you.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Suggestion for the program:
    1) Add Browse... buttons with choosing folder or choosing EXE file in Drag in drop sections
    2) Add Video Format Options to Main menu and visible by creating Video section
    3) Add MediaInfo CLI to setup and to MKVBatch folder, MediaInfo have BSD license see MediaInfoXP
    Quote Quote  
  10. How to set added subtitle with Default track "yes" ?
    the subtitle simple not displayed automatically when I play the file
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    roma_turok:

There are three, part-answers to your question:

a) Mkvmerge allows only one subtitle to be the default. If more than one subtitle is set to default=yes then mkvmerge will chose only one to be the default and the others will be set to default=no.

b) Some players (software or hardware) may not automatically show the default subtitle. The hardware player I use does not. I need to manually instruct it to display a particular subtitle. I can only assume that the player you are using will automatically display the subtitle marked as default.

c) Your question asks about an added subtitle. If subtitles already exist in you video file then they must be set to default=no. Make sure the subtitle setting, "Set All Subtitles defaults to 'no'" is checked. Also, make sure the "Add Subtitles" checkbox is checked, and that the subtitle(s) is found in the appropriate folder (the video files folder or the subtitles folder, if it exists at a different path). Now you need to use an 'options' file so that MKVBatch will know what to do with your subtitle file.

Under the menu "Settings/ Create/Edit Subtitle Options Files" a new utility window will open. This utility creates and edits subtitle options files.

In the top window of the utility all the subtitle files found in the active path are displayed. Select the subtitle file you want to create/edit the options file for. In the "Default" combo box below, drop down the available selections and click on "yes". Then click the "Apply / Create" button. An options file will be created if it does not exist. Click on the "Close" button to close the utility.

Make sure the checkbox "Use Subtitle '.opt' files" is checked and then run MKVBatch. Your subtitle file should be added to the video file, and it should be tagged as default=yes.

This 'options file utility' works identically with audio files as well. Detailed information is found in the accompanying help file.

NOTE: This functionality is only available with the latest version of MKVBatch, Version 1.0.3.

I hope this clears up any problems you might have with MKVBatch.
    Quote Quote  
  12. After uninstalling old version, manually deleting MKVBatch folder with old ini, log files and installing 1.0.3 version
    MKVBatch not process with error:
    Code:
    No process log exists at this time.
            -- Template file 'Template.txt' does not exist.
            -- Creating a new 'Template.txt' file.
            -- The file 'VideoInfo.nfo' is empty
    After running VideoInfo.bat I find the problem:

Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	926
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	32920

Anyway it can be fixed by changing executable path for mediainfo in setting

Thanks for subtitles options and hard work
    this options needed open from buttons on main interface
    instead hidden in setting

by the way if I add in subtitle file name language code like this Title eng.srt
    its automatically set added subtitle with this code

if you release next version, please add version to file name of setup file
    for example MKVBatch 1.0.3 setup.msi
    and add version history of changes to first page, its hard to follow what changes
    setup created shortcut on desktop by name MKVBatch.exe instead MKVBatch
    Last edited by roma_turok; 31st Jul 2015 at 14:22.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    roma_turok:

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.

I took your original suggestion to heart, and went nuts with them. In fact, the tooltips will point out that a popup menu exists for several checkboxes on the main interface. The popup menues require a right mouse click (just like a conext menu) over specific controls. These popups are in addition to accessing these settings through the menu. Well over a dozen popups were created over controls and path boxes. These are all detailed in the help file.

The fault with running VideoInfo.bat never occurred for me. Thanks for pointing it out; I will track it down and fix it.

"by the way if I add in subtitle file name language code like this Title eng.srt its automatically set added subtitle with this code" I'm not exactly sure what you mean here. If I extracted subtitles, the file name would contain the existing language code of the subtitle. But when I merged the subtitle into a video file, the language code would be "und", unless I specifically set it in the mkvmerge gui or in an MKVBatch options file.

"please add version to file name of setup file" Whoops! My installation creation software places the version on the line below the Product Name. Even though the version is encoded into the install file, this shortcoming completely escaped my notice. You're right, I will add the version to the Product Name and make sure it is in the install file name too.

A change log is a good idea. I don't know why I never thought of it.

I am looking into the desktop shortcut settings in my installation creation software, but I haven't found anything yet. This is the free version; it may only be available in the paid-for version.

Also, there is no need to uninstall the previous version(s). The latest version should always install over the previous version.

Again, thank you for you feedback and suggestions.
    Last edited by librarien; 1st Aug 2015 at 00:00.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    moozzi2:

MKVBatch is not a ripper. It is an alternative graphical front end for mkvmerge, enabling multiple video files to be processed with a single invocation.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    librarien: Ignore mozzi2...just a spammer.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have added it to our software page now: MKVBatch
    Quote Quote  
  17. Found really small bug
    when MKVBatch minimized to taskbar then closed with right click Name:  close.jpg
Views: 15224
Size:  21.1 KB
    its save to MKVBatch.INI file with wrong [Window] position
    Because that the program will not open until I delete MKVBatch.INI
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What about stream compression? Is it off by default for *ALL* streams?
    Das Leben ist eine Nebelwand voller Rasierklingen. (C. Bukowski)
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by leghorn View Post
    What about stream compression? Is it off by default for *ALL* streams?
    YES, its off like in mkvmerge
    Quote Quote  
  20. Mkvmerge uses zlib compression by default for some subtitle formats. (PGS and VobSub)
    Quote Quote  
  21. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just an update since may when i last posted in this thread,i tried mkvbatch again today and now it works,much easier than having to use the default batch mode in mkvmerge.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, I didn't check forums first so I posted a comment on the software page for MKVBatch with some issue I found

Sorry for this, if you need some clarification, I'll be happy to answer all I can, and again, thanks for this tool, it's very helpful
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Pegla View Post
    Oh, I didn't check forums first so I posted a comment on the software page for MKVBatch with some issue I found

Sorry for this, if you need some clarification, I'll be happy to answer all I can, and again, thanks for this tool, it's very helpful
    If you have problem, upload subtitle sample file
    on the forum you have button on the bottom Upload files
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi
    When running MKVBatch on my windows 7 x64 PC, I get this strange message.
    I tried running as administrator, in compability mode, no result.
    Any idea what the cause may be ?

Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ben1x1:

Sorry you're having trouble.

MKVBatch was developed on w7x64, so that isn't a problem. The 'net lists many possible causes for this error. Which version of MKVBatch are you trying to run? The latest uploaded version is v1.0.9.

What may be causing you troubles, the program cannot find a necessary file (read .dll). I would recommend you uninstall the program completely, then do a full install again; hopefully this will correct any deficiencies.

Please post again whether this works for you or not.

Good luck.

librarien
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Budman1

Sorry for the troubles.

I have made sure the checkbox labels are expanded to their full amount inside the frame they sit in. (The 'Audio' box is actually a frame. All the controls there sit in this frame and are bounded by it.) My system is set to 1650x1080 rez and a Windows DPI setting of 125%. What resolution and DPI settings are you using? Knowing what is common for people to use will help me to ensure the program displays as desired.

librarien
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Pegla:

I'm sorry that you're having problems with subtitles.

I have tried pasting the characters you posted into an .ass subtitle file. They merged with my test video file without any problems, and displayed properly.
    I also tried to paste them into an ASCII text file, and my text editor told me they were incompatible and would be changed if saved as ASCII. It was right. The characters were replaced with their closest ASCII equivalents.

BOM (Byte Order Marker) is sometimes used to indicate that text should be considered as UTF, however, the 'net has long and involved arguments for using the BOM and for *not* using the BOM. The latest official recommendation (that I have found, to this date) is to *not* use the BOM.

The questions now arise, What are you using to play the video file with the new sub? Is it a hardware device? If hardware (or software really) what specs does it enforce for subtitle decoding? (For instance, my playback device is a separate hardware unit; it does not recognise .ass formatting, but will only display the text, although it handles UTF without trouble.)

If you can post your troublesome subtitle file (and also the one that you say works properly) I will try and track down the cause of the discrepancy.

librarien
    Quote Quote  
  28. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Most people here including myself set their system to 1920x1080 and dpi settings at default size(100%)so some of the text in the boxes are squished.Also i have to set the mkvbatch shortcut to run as adminstrater or mkvbatch crashes,setting it to run as administrator disables the drag to windows for the paths.Running windows 10 64 pro.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image2.jpg
Views:	1589
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	35898  

Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    johns0:

Thanks for the image. It helps a lot.

I have expanded the 'Other Options' frame and the 'Set File Title' and 'Set Video Title' checkbox labels. This was done in the next version, v1.1.0, which I hope to upload soon.

If 'drag-n drop' doesn't work for you, you can still right click in the path box and a popup menu will allow you to browse for your desired folder.

My old monitor only supports 1680x1050 on a 16x10 aspect. That's it's native resolution. Anything larger and it just shows a black screen with an error message. So unfortunately, I can't test MKVBatch at your resolution.

I am running W7x64, and I would need to set up a machine for W10x64 to troubleshoot the problem your describing. Unfortunately the is still a bit in the future for me. I have too much invested in my present system to disrupt it. If I can get a virtual machine running here, then I will work on correcting the program.

librarien
    Quote Quote