VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
  1. I will be waiting for a new version, because the current one does not want to work on a new installation of windows 10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    So is there a beta of this new version to try out or is the full version on its way?

I've used this program for ages and can't believe there isn't any other with a batch function out there, but all of a sudden it stopped working so guess an update Windows pushed destroyed it or something.
    People say they get it to work, and it has worked for me so no surprise, but even when following the instructions in the comments section I only get an 'Unexpected Error' box with a OK button when I try to run it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AlvoErrado2, pson, et. al. : Maybe if you supplied more information I might be able to figure out the difficulties you're having.
    i.e. Windows version (in your cases W10), 32-bit or 64-bit, build number, update Date, version of MKVmerge you're trying to use, etc.

I have avoided W10 (and 8, and 8.1, and the server versions) and just stuck with Windows 7/64-bit. This is where I do all the development. If I run into a problem, then I track it down and try to fix it. I realize this may not help you, running W10.

As a stop-gap measure, try searching the 'net for "Visual Basic 6" and "runing on windows 10". Applying some of the suggestions you find may get you running again.

From my end... I have recently killed my subtitle filtering. It's not critical for my uses right now, as I am still working on JSON parsing (which was probably the killing blow for subtitles). All this while still doing life things

librarien
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I thought the ones in the comment section of the download page had been through that and came up with a solution so thought it was simplest to just wait for a new version as it sounded that it was on the way, so that's why I didn't bother to post any info.
    But I try to run MKVBatch 1.3.2 on Win10-64 Version 1803 build 17134.829, mkvmerge 8.9 an 19.0 and some version in between (but does that even matter since the program won't start at all?)
    Last time I followed these instructions https://www.videohelp.com/software/MKVBatch/reviews#14054 but it sadly didn't work.

What do you mean with killed subtitle filtering? Will the new version not be able to remove muxed subtitles? That would suck cause that's mainly what I use it for

But life goes on
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    pson:
    Not to worry. I meant that I killed it in my development version. The fault has already been tracked down and fixed.
    Does Windows 10 give an error when MKVBatch does not run? Can you examine the event log and see what events were produced re: MKVBatch? Did you try running MKVBatch in compatibility mode?

BTW: 1) If you already have mkvtoolnix and ffprobe installed on your system, you can copy their executables to the MKVBatch install folder and instruct MKVBatch to run them from there. Otherwise you need to download them and install them (or use the portable versions if they exist). MKVBatch should find them, if they are installed. If you have difficulty, copy their executables to the MKVBatch install folder and instruct MKVBatch to run them from there.

BTW: 2) Custom Subtitle Filters (and Custom Audio Filters as well) use a freeware function called "sgrid". Sgrid is known to have problems and simply cause MKVBatch to not run (an error will always be displayed, but unless you are familiar with the error, it's code will mean nothing to you.) The only recourse is to reboot. This is not always an acceptable act of recovery. Replacement functions exist without Sgrid's faults, but these cost several hundred dollars; way out of my range for a free utility. As a consequence, the latest version of MKVBatch will not have the Custom Subtitle Filters and Custom Audio Filters functions available. User feedback may guide me to reconsider this action.

FYI: I do not own copyright on mkvtoolnix, ffprobe, or UniSuiteFree. This being the case, I feel it inappropriate to collect those author's works and distribute them with my utility, as convenient for everyone as that may be. If downloading these programs and installing them is too much for you, I offer my sympathies.

librarien
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by librarien View Post
    pson:
    Not to worry. I meant that I killed it in my development version. The fault has already been tracked down and fixed.
    Does Windows 10 give an error when MKVBatch does not run? Can you examine the event log and see what events were produced re: MKVBatch? Did you try running MKVBatch in compatibility mode?
    Good to hear

Do you mean in Event Viewer? When searching for MKVBatch the only thing that shows is notices from when I installed and uninstalled it, nothing from when I tried to run it. So the only thing is still the 'Unexpected Error' box with a OK button that pop up on execution.
    Tried running it as administrator, in all available compatibility modes and with disabled firewall and anti-virus but all attempts end with the same result.

[EDIT]
    Your..
    BTW 1 isn't applicable for me since the program wont even run for me to change any settings.
    BTW 2 is beyond my pay grade
    FYI isn't a problem for me, don't know how you got that impression.

Cheers!
    Last edited by pson; 13th Jul 2019 at 00:03.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    pson:

No real feedback (not your fault) makes tracking down the error extremely difficult.

The BTW's and FYI is for any and all users/readers about MKVBatch. I did not mean to "aim" it at you , just anyone having problems with MKVBatch. Also just posting an MKVBatch Development Update/Request For Feedback from any/all users.

At least one person posted a message about how he was exasperated from all the programs he was required to download and install, and ended up, in disgust, deleting MKVBatch. There are reasons I did not include the associated programs, and the FYI was intended for people who feel similarly to that poster. Perhaps I could have placed the BTW and FYI in a separate post, but I felt that anyone perusing these posts would read them and consider them as applying to ALL MKVBatch users. In that respect I think I was in error.

Mea Culpa.

librarien
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Yes it's a mission impossible so didn't really expect you to do it, that's why I said I would just wait for the new version.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Any updates on the update?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by librarien View Post
    pson:

No real feedback (not your fault) makes tracking down the error extremely difficult.

The BTW's and FYI is for any and all users/readers about MKVBatch. I did not mean to "aim" it at you , just anyone having problems with MKVBatch. Also just posting an MKVBatch Development Update/Request For Feedback from any/all users.

At least one person posted a message about how he was exasperated from all the programs he was required to download and install, and ended up, in disgust, deleting MKVBatch. There are reasons I did not include the associated programs, and the FYI was intended for people who feel similarly to that poster. Perhaps I could have placed the BTW and FYI in a separate post, but I felt that anyone perusing these posts would read them and consider them as applying to ALL MKVBatch users. In that respect I think I was in error.

Mea Culpa.

librarien

Any news about a new version?
    Quote Quote  
  11. First of all, I wanted to say what a fine program this is (once I was able to get it running). What finally worked for me was to make a MKVBatch folder on the C Drive and installing MKVBatch 1.3.2 there, since for some reason it wouldn't work when installed in either the Programs Files, or Program Files (x86) folders. I then added the version of ffprobe suggested by johns0 on page 3 of this forum to the MKVBatch folder and installed MKVToolNix version 19.0.0 x32 there as well, setting the Executable Paths in MKVBatch to the mkvmerge.exe in MKVToolNix. I hope this helps anyone else wanting to use this program avoid the several days of frustration in setting it up correctly that I experienced, as it is very fast and effective when finally installed and working correctly.

Windows 7 x64, Ryzen 3900X
    Last edited by ryegrass; 3rd Dec 2021 at 15:36.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Appreciate your guide but it's still a no go for me using Win10, MKVBatch doesn't even start.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I'm sorry to hear it didn't work for you. Here are two screenshots of my installation to compare to yours just in case there is some difference between the two, other than the Windows versions.

MKVBatch Folder at the root of C:

[Attachment 62169 - Click to enlarge]

MKVToolNix Folder located in MKVBatch Folder:

[Attachment 62170 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by ryegrass; 4th Dec 2021 at 23:43.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Is there a way automatically to let delete all the old files after successful process, just as it is possible in the new mkvtoolnix Versions???
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Found a Software that does what everyone ever wished regarding mkvtoolnix automatisation. (already submitted as proposal for new Software)

https://github.com/Bazzu85/MKVmergeBatcher/releases

Edit:
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/MKVmergeBatcher
    Last edited by xxAno...xx; 7th Sep 2022 at 11:56.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If all you're wanting to do is match merge or remove (or both) subtitles, there's this https://github.com/iPzard/mkvtoolnix-batch-tool

It parses the subtitle file names so they don't have to be exactly the same as the video files. I use it a lot because it's much more convenient to use. I don't have to drag and drop anything or delete anything after the job is done.

I also use this to quickly make subtitle file names match the videos. http://karoljkocmaros.blogspot.com/p/subtitle-video-renamer.html
    Quote Quote  
  18. First of all, thank you for the new version of MKV Batch, did not think that a new version would come after all these years.
    Unfortunately, the following error message comes to me as soon as I click Runmkvbatch:
    Run-Time Error 6:
    Overflow
    Microsoft's Runtimes are all installed, my system is Windows 11 Pro 64Bit.
    I'm now back to an older version 1.3.0 that works without any problems.
    Maybe you have an idea what the problem could be?
    Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just tried the app. No success. Says vefrsion 75.0.0 is too old. This is the latest version.(???)
    Quote Quote  
  20. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try an older version mkvtoolnix.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, so much time saved from doing everything individually! v2.5.5, with MKVToolNix v75.0.0, worked perfectly right after installation!

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 22H2
    Installed on ‎11/‎06/‎2021
    OS build 19045.2965
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19041.1000.0
    Quote Quote