VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    OK, got another error here (v1.2.0). Files with higher frame rates than 30fps doesn't work. All files with 50fps crashes the tool. Maybe you should set the maximum to 60fps.

PS 2: Also 2 other errors:

Those files:

1. "VP6 (On2) (Heightened Sharpness)" <-- seems like the fps can't be read via MediaInfo and therefore it crashes, because other files in VP6 (On2) (Heightened Sharpness) with 25 fps etc. works well.

2. ...and files (in this case "VP6 (On2) (Heightened Sharpness)") with a low fps rate: 12 fps
    These errors also crashes the tool.

The way I do it:
    1 step: Using FFMPEG via FFQueue (mkv)
    2 step: Target Folder of FFQuene is the standard Input Folder of mkvbatch (fixed in the MKVBatch.ini via read-only)

PS: FFQuene has got some problems with avi files. Output file size = 0kb. So always check, before deleting old files.
    Last edited by xxAno...xx; 4th Jun 2016 at 23:24.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    1.2.0 Still not working on my Windows 10 enterprise machine

1.0.9 works fine

I uninstalled completely and then installed 1.2.0 and it keeps giving me this error when i click run:

Click image for larger version

Name:	MKV.png
Views:	6760
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	37288

i'm using mkvmerge.exe from -> mkvtoolnix-64bit-9.2.0 (i've tried the last 4 versions of mkvmerge.exe, both 32 and 64 bit versions)

and i'm using ffprobe.exe from -> ffmpeg-20160418-git-13406b6-win64-static
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried running it as an administrator?Works for me on windows 7 64 premium using this ffprobe,might want to see if it works for you.
    Image Attached Files
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by LJay View Post
    1.2.0 Still not working on my Windows 10 enterprise machine

1.0.9 works fine

I uninstalled completely and then installed 1.2.0 and it keeps giving me this error when i click run:

[Attachment 37288 - Click to enlarge]

i'm using mkvmerge.exe from -> mkvtoolnix-64bit-9.2.0 (i've tried the last 4 versions of mkvmerge.exe, both 32 and 64 bit versions)

and i'm using ffprobe.exe from -> ffmpeg-20160418-git-13406b6-win64-static
    alright instead of deleting my post, i'm going to share what i did to get it to work for anyone who might find this in the future

i simply copy and pasted the mkvmerge.exe file and the ffprobe.exe file from their native directories, to the MKVBatch folder in Program Files, and set the executable paths to use the files from the MKVBatch folder (forgive me if those were the instructions haha)

thanks librarien
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Re: xxAno...xx, LJay...

Thanks for the feedback.

I finally tracked down the problem, and it turned out to be a simple fix. The lesson is, don't use integers where longs are required. (Duh!!)

I have dozens of test video files with different aspect ratios, languages, multiples of audio and subtitle files, chapter file to mix in, even multiple video streams. But, they were all less than 30fps. Go figure :P

MKVBatch worked fine on my Windows 10 machine, that is until tonight. MKVBatch v1.2.0 worked before, but now v1.2.1 fails; It loses the ffprobe and mkvmerge locations. So hunting that down will be my next task. (NOTE: everything works fine if ffprobe and mkvmerge are placed in the MKVBatch folder.)

Thanks you all for your patience.

librarien
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have identified a problem with MKVBatch in how it handles it's ".ini" file (thanks to LJay for pointing out this problem). I rewrote a lot of code to use ffprobe instead of MediaInfo and somehow messed up part of the ".ini" handling logic. A fix is in the works, but for now, the workaround is to paste ffprobe.exe and mkvmerge.exe into MKVBatch's root directory.

I am working on making the various routines simpler and more general, and I am also working on some enhancements.

Thanks to all who tried the program, and especially to those who posted about it, good and bad.

librarien
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting software which maybe can help me out.
    Due to a faulty interpretation of me concerning settings of a newly tried foldersync-tool I lost all subtitle- and chapter backups of most of my mkv's I created. (Yeah, nice one, after spending years of manually copying/pasting into back-up folder that really worked...)

Of course having the source-mkv's, I tried batch-demux modes of several tools, but it's not satisfying and they still require a lot of handwork for my needs.
    Here's my situation:

I have tons of mkv-files with mostly manually created subtitles and chapters. These files are a result of an infinite amount of concentrated work.
    The majority of the mkv's contain both PGS- and srt-streams, tags, chapters etc. and I gave each of them a dedicated name in MKVToolNix GUI's "Track name"-window before muxing. These names do show up in MediaInfo.

What I would love to see possible, is a batch mkv-demux function, where I can:

1 Select (or drag'n'drop) my desired mkv's and so import them simultaneously
    2 Batch-Auto-Select all present srt's and chapters only (so, no PGS/audio/video/tags etc. - selectable by "type" maybe?)
    3 Batch-demux them into their own destinationfolder-per-source-mkv, which name is (or can be) based on the source-mkv's name
    4 Autoname each demuxed stream based on its own name-info I gave when muxing with mkvtoolnix initially

I hope I make myself clear.

I know it's a lot I hope for but would this be possible?

Thanks in advance
    Ennio

PS any noob friendly folder-sync or back-up tool advice is welcome also...
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Mkvbatch already does what you asked for,just try it out.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ennio:

For demuxing mkv video files I use MKVCleaver. It is an excellent tool for batch demuxing. The demuxed files are all placed in a single destination directory, but they are named for the original video file, with a track number suffix and a file type extension (i.e. "*.srt" for subtitle). Extract all the subtitles, then you can sort by type and delete all the ones you don't want.

MKVCleaver is a stand-alone program.

Once you have all your extracted files (or tracks) MKVBatch will help you marge them all together again.

I have uploaded the MKVBatch help file separately for you to check out. It's in 'rar' archive format.

librarien
    Last edited by librarien; 28th Jun 2016 at 18:54.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Mkvbatch already does what you asked for,just try it out.
    I'm trying, can't get it to work

Originally Posted by librarien View Post
    The demuxed files are all placed in a single destination directory...
    This wouldn't be a problem if I knew how to auto-create the same number of destinationfolders (with the names of the source-mkv's) and then auto-cut/paste each demuxed stream into it's proper folder. My goal is to do this automatically, or am I missing something here?

Originally Posted by librarien View Post
    Once you have all your extracted files (or tracks) MKVBatch will help you marge them all together again.
    Well, that's not my intention. I just want to be able to auto-demux the srt's and chapters into their own folders per source as back-up, and leave the source-mkvs as they are.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ennio:

Sorry, I misunderstood your dilemma.

I'm not aware of any bulk extraction program that will place the extracted files into separate folders named for the original video source.

I also searched for software which would place similar files into separately created folders. Unfortunately that search was unsuccesful as well.

It may be possible to write a script for ffmpeg to do what you want. Good luck.

librarien
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I've been trying hard with MKVBatch but it doesn't do what I want. What it does do can be very handy indeed.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Found small bug
    When selecting Help -> Help
    the program trying open help file by name MKVBatch Help.chm:

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	715
Size:	168.0 KB
ID:	37593

but actual name after install is MKVBatch 1.2.2 Help.chm
    because of that help file not open
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    roma_turok:

You're right. I'll correct that problem for the next version. Thanks for pointing it out.

librarien
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I love this program, thank you so much! So far it works out great!

But, i had as well as mr. Ljay put the ffprobe.exe and mkvmerge.exe in the same folder as the program itself. So kudos for pointing that one out mr Ljay!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am using mkvbatch to convert mp4 to mkv but it goes through the files quickly and doesn't write them to the johnny quest o new directory . I am trying to convert from screen1 to screen 2 using mkvbatch screenshot in pic3. What have I done wrong?? John
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	jqo.png
Views:	266
Size:	326.8 KB
ID:	38155  

Name:	jqon.png
Views:	256
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	38156  

Name:	mkvmerge.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	38157  

Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry to hear you're havin trouble, RBCC.

See what the Process Log says. It may point out some deficiency.

I just processed some mp4's to test, and they worked flawlessly. There may be some aspects of your mp4's that MKVBatch doesn't handle or recognize.

Post again after viewing the Process Log.

librarien
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the log!

This entry generated on - Aug/13/2016 01:59:41 PM local time by MKVBatch ver.1.2.3 :: Log verbosity=0
    mkvmerge v9.0.1 ('Obstacles') 64bit

The file 'M:\Cartoons\Jonny Quest\Original\2008-05-05 - Season 0 - Name of Show Jonny Quest Episode title Jonny Quest Fun Facts.mkv' has been opened for writing.
    *** Processing halted before finishing.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    More up to date Pocess log

I seemed to search through all the files and only used this one and it worked. ButI wonder whats wrong with the others I will send you one of them in this package
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    RBCC:

If log verbosity is zero then only the least information is saved. You need to set the log verbosity to 5 and try your run again. Then mkvmerge progress will be reported completely.

librarien
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here is the verbosity =5 Listing
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    RBCC et al.

Thank you for the post of your process log. Information like that can greatly help when troubleshooting software problems.

I have recently reproduced that same error (I don't know why the error never showed before) and a couple of other errors. I am presently working on fixes, and the updated version - v.1.2.4 - hopefully should be available in a couple of days.

librarien
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I keep getting "batch for mkvmerge stopped working " is this good?? John
    Quote Quote  
  24. Thanks for the improvements to MKVBatch

Currently I am using version 1.2.4

Regretfully there is a new bug.

The SRT subtitle files no longer get copied to the new files.

Tried applying the filter, but no succes.

In the process log no mention of any problem.

Can you please take a look at this ?

Let me know if there is any additional information I can provide to help you.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Librarien, what causes something to stop working? John
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    RBCC: Ben1x1: et al.

In MKVBatch v1.2.3 I added functionality for adding individually targeted attachments. Unfortunately this broke some information handling elsewhere in the program. MKVBatch v1.2.4 was supposed to correct this, and it did, but also throwing a wobbler into other processing logic. (ARGGG!!) I found that the options string sent to mkvmerge.exe was faulty.

After tracking down the fault, I fixed the problem with a wide brush (i.e. I applied a correction command to the options string after it was created), but this introduced a problem where none had existed before. So I went through each block of code in the major processing routine and ensured each section would produce the desired results.

MKVBatch v1.3.0 works properly now, as far as I can test it. There are 2 new options in the Audio and Subtitles options, and the "View Video File Info" works properly.

I am working on updating the Help file. It is an amazing amount of work to update the Help file: new images; changed images; new commands; altered commands; descriptions; samples; etc.

The new version, v1.3.0 is coming. My apologies for taking so long (also note, creeping functionalism is playing a big part).

librarien
    Last edited by librarien; 14th Sep 2016 at 23:23.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Will 1.3.0 address the issue of stop working? John
    Quote Quote  
  28. librarien

Thanks, I will patiently await your new version.

@RBCC: Please provide more details about what you were trying to do (settings, etc) when the application 'stopped working'.
    Also, take a look at: Process_Log >> View The MKVBatch log
    Your log verbosity setting should be on: Log Verbosity 1 - Include Faults and Fails

Name:	45745754754754777457457.jpg
Views:	753
Size:	161.5 KB
ID:	38555
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ben1x1: et al.

You recently responded to another user about how the "Log Verbosity" should be set to show faults. You were not quite correct, and after checking the help file I found that it did not explain the verbosity levels clearly enough.

The different verbosity levels in MKVBatch were intended to show progressively more detail about the functions 'behind the curtain', so to speak. VL1 would include faults and fails, and VL2 would include added files, as well as faults and fails. VL3 would include all active checkboxes, as well as faults and fails and added files. The progression is, each level introduces more data into the log, as well as the data specified in the lower verbosity levels. This is why the different levels are specified as including different information.

I hope that makes things clearer. Thanks for using MKVBatch and for your comments.

Now I'm off to update the Help File, yet again

librarien
    Quote Quote  
  30. librarien,

I do understand incremental verbosity levels. When I read the description of the verbose levels in the way the application GUI presents it, going from VL1 to VL2 would only additionally add the names of the files ? Or, does it include other more technical information regarding the files ? The point here on the forum being: can you actually learn more possible causes for a crash from reading a process log from VL2 ?

Perhaps here on the forum it would be useful (additional) help if you added info to your OP or signature on how to best present debugging info ? It may save a lot of time in the long run.

Regards
    Quote Quote