VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I downgraded my Firefox to 35.01 when the Video Download Helper stopped working. I have Video Download Helper 4.9.24 version installed as I have been reading about changes to the program that are not appealing. So I have been taking my chances not updating Firefox or Video Download Helper. Now my Norton Security Toolbar no longer works with this version of Firefox. That Norton Security Feature was pretty handy as it would rate the safety of the websites that would come up in a web search. I can still download videos with the Video Download Helper for now anyway. I am getting a bit worried though with my outdated version of Firefox. Thank you in advance for any advice.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Tom Saurus View Post
    I downgraded my Firefox to 35.01 when the Video Download Helper stopped working. I have Video Download Helper 4.9.24 version installed as I have been reading about changes to the program that are not appealing. So I have been taking my chances not updating Firefox or Video Download Helper. Now my Norton Security Toolbar no longer works with this version of Firefox. That Norton Security Feature was pretty handy as it would rate the safety of the websites that would come up in a web search. I can still download videos with the Video Download Helper for now anyway. I am getting a bit worried though with my outdated version of Firefox. Thank you in advance for any advice.
    hi did you try last version

Code:
    Version 5.2.0
    Released April 19, 2015 548.3 kB
    Works with Firefox 36.0 and later
    This version brings a number of new features and fixes:
    MP2T Streaming capture: record some chunked streamed videos
    Twitter Periscope Auto-recorder: auto-capture Periscope live streams
    Toolbar button modes: main toolbar button in now optional
    Optional main panel compact display mode
    Improved smartnaming including obfuscated file names
    New localizations
    e10s compatible
    Many fixes
    Quote Quote  
  3. Symantec software is tailored for enterprises not for end customers - side to this is usually less efficient than leading software (and more system resources is used - safety is usually lower also).

Consider to use Palemoon instead Firefox.

This is probably best YT downloader addon http://www.cys-audiovideodownloader.com/
    Quote Quote  
  4. biezom and pandy: Thank you both for this advice. A lot of users are complaining about the newer version of Video Download Helper. There is talk of watermarks and the involvement of a convertor. I have some thinking to do and some experimenting and testing to do.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Tom Saurus View Post
    There is talk of watermarks and the involvement of a convertor. I have some thinking to do and some experimenting and testing to do.

Well... CYS is plain remuxer (ffmpeg used as muxer to combine video and audio stream provided by YT)

Give a chance to https://cys.mantishub.com/my_view_page.php or use https://www.videohelp.com/software/youtube-dl - another fine software - no reconverssion, no transcoding, no watermarks - same for CVS.
    Quote Quote