VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need a quick way to turn a full movie into a series of jpegs taken every second. The program Thumbnailer really nailed that, except its output appears to be only to a single jpeg image. I need a linear output either creating thousands of jpegs, or assembling them all to an .avi... Did i miss this -command in the otherwise ideal Thumbnailer program? Does something else exist that can turn an hour long .avi into 3600 single frame jpeg images?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Virtualdub, open avi, under Video->Frame rate->Frame rate conversion set the Convert to fps 1 . File->Export->Image sequence.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Instead 1 sec perhaps better I frames:

Code:
    @ffmpeg -threads %NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%*1.5 -i %1 -vf "select='eq(pict_type,I)'" -vsync 0 %1_%%06d.png
    or

scene changes :

Code:
    @set /p sens=Enter Scene Detection Sensitivity (0..1 e.g 0.25): 
    @echo Scene Detection Sensitivity is: %sens%
    @ffmpeg -threads %NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS%*1.5 -i %1 -vf "select='gt(scene\,%sens%)'" -vsync 0 %1_%%06d.png

Additionally you may wish reduced number of frames - adding at the end of -vf ',decimate=cycle=2' will reduce number of frames by 2, if this still too much, stack few ,decimate=cycle=2 - decimate select picture with higher delta .

With select easily different pictures can be selected - look at https://ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-filters.html#select_002c-aselect
    Quote Quote