VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey all, had authoring works 4 but just upgraded to 5 for the x264 encoding. The program has the same format but the encoding is a little different. My encoding with 4 was great I'm still waiting for my current encode to finish 7 hours?? With 4 it had a option for motion search I would always choose highest I can't seem to find that with 5. I'm currently doing a smart encode is that the way to go? I'm encoding a MP4 that's 1280 x 720 and the quality is pretty good so it doesn't need like a 2 pass. So what would be the best options for the x264 encoding?

Also if you go to the advanced video encoding the performance pull down option what is this exactly? I have it set to normal and it says estimated time left 7 hours
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What x264/h264 settings can you choose? Maybe post a screenshot with all settings.
    How long did it take with version 4?

And are you sure that you must reconvert it? Maybe can avchdcoder, bdtoavchd or bdrebuilder make a blu-ray directly from the mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I'm pretty sure I do here's the info for one of the clips I'm going to be putting on blu ray. All of them are the same ripped from the www network. The only thing that pops out to me is the fps for blu Ray it should be 59.94 right? That's why I sohuld encode?

https://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=29448&d=1420275143

I'm not home right now but I found this about the settings
    http://www.helpdoc-online.com/tmpgenc_video_mastering_works_5_help/07240.html

It usually took about 4 to 5 hours with version 4
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Ok so I was messing around and did some tests. I made a couple sample clips one with a 40,000 bitrate and one with a 23,000 bit rate. I really cant tell the difference but maybe one of you guys could I make a comparison picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	compare.png
Views:	321
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	31540

As you could see that is pretty good quality is it necessary to have a bitrate that high of 40,000? It also takes up the whole blu ray lol. Also should I do 1 or 2 pass when using x264 wit taw5? If that clips already pretty good quality would 2 pass make it a little better and how?

Also heres the settings for x264 in taw5.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	settings1.png
Views:	296
Size:	145.2 KB
ID:	31541Click image for larger version

Name:	settings2.png
Views:	283
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	31542

The performance stumps me is that just how fast it encodes? Does it effect the quality? Theres a option for very slow. And idk if this video requires 2 pass encoding. Of course I wanna make the blu ray look as nice as possible.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Blu-ray player can play MP4 files
    just put files to usb flash drive or burn DVD as data
    why converting?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Because I want a compliant blu Ray disc. I'm doing a encode now with taw 5 2 videos files target size to fit 25 gb blu Ray disc. Settings are 2 pass max bit rate 23,000 and performance at normal. I started it last night and said 32 hours til finish? There's 19 hours left....geez why does that take so long? Is the 2 pass nessecary will it improve quality? Also on the performance does that affect the encoding quality? If I set it on one of the fast settings will it decrease the quality?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Compliant Blu-Ray disc not going to improve quality
    What CPU you have?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    It's not? So what's the point on making a compliant blu ray? My specs are

CPU Intel Core 2 Duo T9500 / 2.6 GHz
    Number of Cores Dual-Core
    Cache L2 - 6 MB
    64-bit Computing Yes
    Data Bus Speed 800 MHz
    Chipset Type Mobile Intel PM965 Express
    RAM 3 GB
    Max Supported Size 4 GB
    Technology DDR2 SDRAM
    Speed 667 MHz
    Slots Qty 2
    RAM
    Memory Speed 667 MHz
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by littlebase22 View Post
    It's not? So what's the point on making a compliant blu ray?
    Make a compliant Blu Ray if you need to play it as an authored Blu Ray disk on a standalone Blu Ray player. ANY conversion will degrade the quality (though sometimes not noticeably,) and take time.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by littlebase22 View Post
    It's not? So what's the point on making a compliant blu ray?
    That my point, there's no point reencode to compliant blu ray
    You source is MP4 with codec H264 and you trying reencode to blu-ray with codec H264

Try play MP4 file on blu-ray player,
    If you have on playback problems, use avchdcoder, bdtoavchd or bdrebuilder as Baldrick suggest
    they will repack MP4 file to make more easy play on blu-ray player, without reencode
    TAW5 don't have fast encoder also you laptop CPU not fast enough for encoding HD videos
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the replys guys im gonna try one of those programs out
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Ok I used bdrebuilder love the program very simple and easy to use and a lot easier then to rencode the mp4 file to author a blu ray. What I neen to know now is when I burn a blu ray using the files that bdrebulder made will it work in almost every bluray player like a complaint bu ray disc? Also is there any program out there that creates menu files cause id like to have menus with the blu rays I make with bdrebuilder. Like I could use the import batch files option to select the mp4 and the menu files. Thanks for recommending that program.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Would this video be better for avchd?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Did you try play MP4 file directly on blu ray player?
    Some TV also can play MP4 files from USB flash drive
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    yeah the disc wont work in some blu ray players. I decided to go with tmpgenc authoring works 5. I like the options they have I went with the normal x264 preset with a 1 pass vbr(automatic smart rendering) started it last night about about 5 hours to go so far I think its been going for 20 or so hours lol. 1 pass vbr should be ok for that quality of a video right?

3 files with almost 3 gigs on a 25 gig disc, takes up about 95% of disc.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Don't know you want play on others blu ray players
    Anyway you have option to import in Tmpgenc authoring works 5
    blu ray folder rendered with bdrebuilder to save time if menu its so important
    Quote Quote