VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello all,

I would like to add a video as a transition to the main menu to the extras section of my project. So far I added the video as a new movie for the VTS1 and then linked it to the menu that I wanted. The problem is that when I play the final DVD, the title is selectable, is there a way to make the transition video invisible or unselectable from the titles available? I don't know if the question is clear enough.

So Bassically I got the MOVIE 1 (Intro) then MOVIE2 (the film) Movie 3 (transition) Movie 4 (Transition)

P.S. I know there are better programs but I'm very used to this program.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Do not do this by creating extra title, use menus "intro" or "outro" feature, which means you make menu with more cells. Check help in DVDLabPro for those cells in menu.

So navigating in main menu when button for extra menu is selected, you set a "flag" in some custom GPRM, whatever, for example, set it to 1. You might even create extra PGC for that, dummy PGC. Then upon entering extra menu , in pre-command section you check that flag (check if it is 1), if set, play cell1 , intro, your transition, if not jump to cell2, that is extra menu.

Then of course you have to reset that flag every time possibly again in that pre-command section for extra menu, right after it is clear where you jump or in pre-command section in main menu etc..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hello _Al_ Thanks for replying.
    I'm kind of lost, I've never tried using PGC cells before. How do I set the button to 1 or a flag anyway?
    Quote Quote  
  4. You start using help, those things are very difficult to explain. There are some pictures in DVDLabPro help.
    Quote Quote  
  5. VideoGuy
    Search Comp PM
    Im lost with something similar right now. Trying to do the same thing. The help files do help you although a video tutorial would help or any tutorial at that. I did find some tutorials for DVD Lab Pro on youtube but all were in another language and the creators move the mouse around so fast its hard to keep track of what theyre doing!
    Quote Quote