VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I have this video I'd like to clean up if possible. It at least needs some anti-aliasing, not sure if sharpening and/or denoising is possible without losing too much detail. This script doesn't get rid of it, should I use another filter? Or isn't it aliasing what I'm seeing? It's noticable in the first few seconds and near the end

DirectShowSource("alias.ts") ### input
    AssumeFPS(30000,1001) ### 30>30000/10001
    Undot() ### denoising
    Cnr2() ### more denoising
    daa3mod() ### anti-aliasing

I included the first 17 seconds in the attachments, I would hugely appreciate it if someone knew how to fix this. I don't know a lot about AviSynth filters
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by onlo949 View Post
    Hi, I have this video I'd like to clean up if possible. It at least needs some anti-aliasing, not sure if sharpening and/or denoising is possible without losing too much detail. This script doesn't get rid of it, should I use another filter? Or isn't it aliasing what I'm seeing? It's noticable in the first few seconds and near the end
    That is actually a decent SD source. There is nothing particularly wrong with that apart from the standard SD usual suspects like edge 'enhancement', blurry motion probably due to a blurry deinterlace and slightly 'funny' colors. Compression is good!

What you notice in the beginning is simply the result of limited resolution, but that is a given for SD.

Processing will probably mess up more than it improves things.
    Quote Quote  
  3. That video was inadequately deinterlaced. It will be very hard to reduce the remaining artifacts.
    Quote Quote