VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a DVD. it has 2 titles. I want to re-rip it so it has 1 title: no menu and I can watch the whole thing straight through.

I have dvdshrink to rip it with. I can do several things with that:

1. create an .iso with 2 titles and nothing else
    2. create two .iso's with 1 title each
    3. create a folder with video files representing (1) or (2) above

someone said DVD Rebuilder can join titles. I gave it a whiz and did not see that option anywhere. also I don't see the point in using it, when you can use DVD Decrypter, except maybe better quality.

someone said DVD2one can join titles. I didn't see that option there either. using it resulted in a folder with files representing a DVD with the 2nd title and simply omitted the first. not at all what I was after.

how do you join multiple titles?
    Last edited by Dr_Sanguinary; 26th Apr 2015 at 08:10.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try use the old dvdshrink to join several titles in the reauthoring part. You don't have to shrink it anything. Click on dvd shrink for some guides.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Dr_Sanguinary View Post
    how do you join multiple titles?
    You said the DVD contains both titles, right? So, after playing the first one it goes back to the menu and you have to click something to play the second? If so, you can change the command at the end of the first title so that it goes to the second title directly. There will be a split second delay but you should be okay with that. PGCEdit is the tool for the job. You can also have it skip over the menu and begin playing the first title right away.

Or follow Baldrick's suggestion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Check into DVDDecrypter's FILE SPLITTING - NONE options/settings. It might be able to give you one, giant lump of video even with two titles involved.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    You can try use the old dvdshrink to join several titles in the reauthoring part. You don't have to shrink it anything. Click on dvd shrink for some guides.
    I would like to use dvdshrink, but I don't see anywhere in the guides how to join titles. I went through the Basic, Intermediate and Advanced guides. is there one that tells how?
    Quote Quote  
  6. so, where does it show you how to join titles in DVDShrink?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Click on reauthor... Then I can't remember any more. I last used it around 2007. .
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can't use DVD Shrink to merge two titles into one - for that you need VobEdit.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by sambat View Post
    You can't use DVD Shrink to merge two titles into one - for that you need VobEdit.
    You can use DVD Shrink to do it.

I made a short tutorial on how to do it: https://youtu.be/Ly9ABSFefYo
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't that procedure still leave two separate titles on the DVD?

I have a DVD. it has 2 titles. I want to re-rip it so it has 1 title: no menu and I can watch the whole thing straight through.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You are right. dvd shrink makes 2 titles/tracks.

Maybe easier to reauthor with something like dvdstyler.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by sambat View Post
    Doesn't that procedure still leave two separate titles on the DVD?

I have a DVD. it has 2 titles. I want to re-rip it so it has 1 title: no menu and I can watch the whole thing straight through.
    Even if it produces two separate titles, when played one after the other there will be only a split second pause going from the first to the second. I think Dr_Sanguinary might have been under the impression the playback might stop after the first and he'd have to then choose to play the second. My guess is that keeping the two titles as long as they play one after the other will be fine with him. After all, he said:
    Originally Posted by Dr_Sanguinary View Post
    ... no menu and I can watch the whole thing straight through.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Exactly. The DVD will still have 2 titles, but they'll play through over and over again without stopping. So problem solved.
    Quote Quote