VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi everybody and thank you to read my request.

I'd like to build all-in-one W8.1 HTPC - PVR - IPTV Box - Media Center including :
    - 2 (or 4) DVB-S2 PCI-E Tuner (wich is the best ?)
    - Wirless remote controle (wich is the best ?)
    - Satellite software compatible with wireless remote controle (like KODI) (wich is the best ?)

What is the best solution ?

Could you help me please ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. - DVBSKy S950CI DVB-S/S2 works fine for me it's pcie and dvb-s2 and it's got a CI
    - wireless remote: playstation 3 bluetooth remote (1st model) works fine with eventghost
    - software: dvbviewer pro (of course): you can watch DVB on your smartphone, watch Tv on KOdi (with DVBV rec. service)
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    - DVBSKy S950CI DVB-S/S2 works fine for me it's pcie and dvb-s2 and it's got a CI
    - wireless remote: playstation 3 bluetooth remote (1st model) works fine with eventghost
    - software: dvbviewer pro (of course): you can watch DVB on your smartphone, watch Tv on KOdi (with DVBV rec. service)
    Thank you

I dont know DVBSky but i will look this before taking a final decision
    If i take DVBSky product, i will certainly purchase the S952 v3 version

PCI-E DVB-S2 tuner that interest me is the following one :
    - Prof Revolution DVB-S2 8000
    - TBS 6982
    - Technisat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD
    - TERRATEC Cinergy S2
    - Digital devices Duoflex S2 or Cine S2
    - DVBSky S950 or S952

I continue my research for the rest

Thanks a lot to share your experiences !
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by KisSme View Post
    Hi everybody and thank you to read my request.

I'd like to build all-in-one W8.1 HTPC - PVR - IPTV Box - Media Center including :
    - 2 (or 4) DVB-S2 PCI-E Tuner (wich is the best ?)
    - Wirless remote controle (wich is the best ?)
    - Satellite software compatible with wireless remote controle (like KODI) (wich is the best ?)

What is the best solution ?

Could you help me please ?
    If you want to use Kodi, there is probably a compatible PVR/TV backend that will work with whatever DVB-S2 card you choose. DVBViewer is one possibility. ARGUS TV and NextPVR are two others to look at.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    [QUOTE=usually_quiet;2387152]
    If you want to use Kodi, there is probably a compatible PVR/TV backend that will work with whatever DVB-S2 card you choose. DVBViewer is one possibility. ARGUS TV and NextPVR are two others to look at.
    Thanks,

I'd like to know what is the best PCI-E DVB-S2 card wich is extremly compatible and stable on W8.1, with the biggest community
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Thanks,

I'd like to know what is the best PCI-E DVB-S2 card wich is extremly compatible and stable on W8.1, with the biggest community
    DVB-S and DVB-S2 aren't used in the USA, so I can't really help with tuner selection.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    Ok
    Thank you anyway
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Hello here !

After reflexion, i hesitate between these 2 models :
    - TBS 6982
    - Technisat SkyStar 2 eXpress HD

What do you think about it ?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'd go for the techinisat, TBS cards are too cheaply made to be considered imo.I used to run a skystar 2 pci (not express HD) and it worked rather good for a few years
    TBS 6982 is not in the supported dvb cards list for DVBViewer Pro (but should work imo) meanwhile Skystar2 XHD is officially

Have a look here for supported dvb cards:
    http://www.dvbviewer.com/en/index.php?page=features
    Last edited by themaster1; 27th Apr 2015 at 09:51.
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    thank you
    Could you say me what the best solution between digital devices cine s2 v6.5 and technisat skystar 2 express hd please ?
    I know that the digital devices card is compatible with 1080P, but there is nothing about technisat card
    I dont see anything about warranty for digital devices but for technisat the card warranty is for 3 years

My HTPC will be a Dell optiplex 3010
    Is it ok for these card ?

Thanks !
    Quote Quote  
  11. You should buy second hand imo, you never know some cards coupled with some specific motherboard may not work it's hard to tell (not to mention drivers issues). Brands like Technisat, DvbSky i recommand

1080P ? All HD channels on the sat are broadcast in 1080i as far as i know (some now 4K) in any case it's a software issue not hardware.The norm now is DVB S2 but before that channels could be broadcast in HD in the DVB-S norm (i'm thinking about british hd channels on 28.2° east until last year i believe)
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Ok merci

I'm going to built my HTPC with 2 skystar 2 express hd
    After that, i need to know wich OS is better for my utlisation

Is there a guide to build HTPC/Server/Satellite reciver ?
    Quote Quote  
  13. I stick with windows Seven x64 nowadays people like to have steam os or xbmc (kodi) starting full screen right after boot i'm not a fan.Personnally i have eventghost so i control all my apps with the ps3 remote i can go back and forth games on screen 2, tv on screen 1 , minimize, fullscreen, launch an app etc.. very handy app if you don't know it. This requires good graphics though.I record everything on the hdd's no stupid protections or anything only raw .ts.. just the way i like

skystar 2 express hd has no CI (not good for paid channels) only for FTA chans
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    ok thanks to share your experience
    What about the temperature of this card ?
    And, for my utilisation (2*DVB-s2 tuner), what do you think about digital devices cine s2 v6.5 or duoflex ? With those card you can add CI card if you need it later
    Or, can i use 2*Skystar 2 express hd card with no issue ?
    Last edited by KisSme; 30th Apr 2015 at 14:39.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    So ? nobody can help me any more ? :'(
    Quote Quote  
  16. temperature: normal/low
    cine s2 / duoflex: never used so i don't know precisely

You shoud have a look on sat forums like here to be certain the duoflex will work ok with your subscription
    Quote Quote