VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I'm trying to remove a moving logo. The logo appears 3 times, each time for about 10 seconds at a different location. I tried various logo removal filters available for VirtualDub but none of which has the option to re-position the filter and turn on and off when logo isn't on screen. The closest one I came to was Logoaway, which has the scripting ability to turn on/off, but it still lack the ability to re-position the blur to match the new location of the logo. Does anyone know how to do this? Or know of any programs that does?

Thanks for reading.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use three instances of the logo removal tool of your choice. Then use VirtualDub's Curve Editor to limit each to only the frames that need them.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I saw the thread title and thought you actually had a moving logo. You don't. You have a stationary logo in a different place each time it shows up. Just yesterday I removed a logo that showed up 10 different times during a movie, each for about 15 seconds, and in 5 different locations. It wasn't any fun to deal with but AviSynth's InPaintFunc did the job.

You ain't seen nothin' until you've had to deal with a real moving logo.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can select a section without the logo in VirtualDub (start and end points) encode it, select a section with the logo, encode it...... and when you're done use VirtualDub to append the encoded sections, add the audio and save that as a new AVI. The result should be the same as jagabo's suggestion of using the curve editor, but without using it. Whatever is easier for you, I guess.....

For "ugly blob" logo removal I use ffdshow. If you use DirectShowSource to decode it'll work, but turning it on and off won't be automatic, or you can use ffdshow's filters in a script without it decoding if you have ffdshow's Avisynth plugin installed. Normally to delogo an entire video you'd just use this to a script and enable ffdshow's logoaway filter.

ffdshow(preset="default")

To choose only specific frames for logo removal, use Trim to do it like this:

Trim(0,100).ffdshow(preset="default")\
    ++Trim(101,200)\
    ++Trim(201,300).ffdshow(preset="default")\
    ++Trim(301,400)

Lately I've been playing around with InpaintFunc and it seems to work well. It's an Avisynth script that uses AVSInpaint to do the logo removing, but it takes care of the annoying stuff such as converting a bitmap for logo removal to the correct format. It'll also let you define the areas for logo removal more accurately (the only limitation being the size of the logo removal area needs to be mod4). It also has a function called InPaintAssist for helping to set the logo removal area. You'd use it in a script like this:

InpaintAssist(loc="520,252,-24,-20")

and it'll display a box of colour for positioning the logo removal area correctly. Once that's right, change it to InPaintFunc, add the logo bitmap and any extra parameters you might want and you're good to go.

InpaintFunc(mask="D:\logo.bmp", loc="520,252,-24,-20", mode="deblend", speed=20, ppmode=3, pp=75)

The first time you open a script with InPaintFunc it'll take a (long) time as it can take some time to analyse and save the analysis file. To use it for specific parts of a script where the logo is the same, you can use the same method as for ffdshow

Trim(0,100).InpaintFunc(mask="D:\logo.bmp", loc="520,252,-24,-20", mode="deblend", speed=20, ppmode=3, pp=75)\
    ++Trim(101,200)\
    ++Trim(201,300).InpaintFunc(mask="D:\logo.bmp", loc="520,252,-24,-20", mode="deblend", speed=20, ppmode=3, pp=75)\
    ++Trim(301,400)
    Last edited by hello_hello; 22nd Apr 2015 at 00:03.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Awesome! I got some ideas on how to approach this now. Thank you for the suggestions guys!
    Quote Quote