VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I am a little confused. I have tried to setup upscaling with madVR in PotPlayer and It seems it's only upscaling teh width. I have looked for info all over the net regarding this problem but I can't find any. None of the upscaling madvR guides details this either. The video looks correct but I just don't understand why it's showing the resolution like that. Even 4:3 videos get upscaled width-only.

Is there anyone who can explain this to me ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Don't care about it. It just shows the info from the video decoder. LAV seems to send a wrong output size for some reason or there can be a proper reason for that but it is not actual upscaling or something else.

This is from zoom player.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-04-21_21-03-32.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	31351
    Last edited by sheppaul; 21st Apr 2015 at 08:12.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ah, thanks for clarifying, that's interesting.

So how do I know if my upscale is actually set up?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by skribby View Post
    Hi, I am a little confused. I have tried to setup upscaling with madVR in PotPlayer and It seems it's only upscaling teh width. I have looked for info all over the net regarding this problem but I can't find any. None of the upscaling madvR guides details this either. The video looks correct but I just don't understand why it's showing the resolution like that. Even 4:3 videos get upscaled width-only.

Is there anyone who can explain this to me ?
    2733Kb/s for 720p!

There is not going to be much to upscale!

How did you manage to get such a low bitrate movie?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah I'm not gonna answer that
    Quote Quote