VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I hope someone can help me, give me tips or a good tutorial.

Im using avidemux to cut unwanted parts and join clips from mp4 videos taking with my camera canon or my phone nokia.

I want to do this without re-encoding the files to retain the quality.

But everytime i cut and join several clips, i get between the frames a glitch of a second.
    Im including a picture what will explain what i mean.

Anyone got tips for editing family videos taken in mp4 format?

Many videos get ruined by the glitch between the trimmed cut and joined frames.

Or does someone got a tips how to join clips frames so that they smoothly blend fade in eachother?
    All withouth re-encoding or remaining nearly the same high quality...

http://www.erikkroes.nl/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/eventhemonalisaisfallingapart-940x392.jpg
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Cutting and joining without reconverting is always tricky. Avidemux is not the best editor. If you have several mp4s to edit I would consider try something like videoredo tvsuite, tmpgenc smart renderer or solveigmm video splitter. They are not free though.

And please don't cross post your question in several threads.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Give MpegStreamClip a try. It works very well with mp4 clips when you cut on key-frames, then join. It is my preferred method for cutting and joining mp4's.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i think that has to do with the frames you are cutting at. i think. maybe a more experienced forumite can tell you if so or not. but read into i-frames, b-frames.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Cutting and joining without reconverting is always tricky. Avidemux is not the best editor. If you have several mp4s to edit I would consider try something like videoredo tvsuite, tmpgenc smart renderer or solveigmm video splitter. They are not free though.

And please don't cross post your question in several threads.
    TMPGenc Smart Renderer won't convert dissimilar videos. It's not a converter. Try TMPGenc Mastering Works, but there's still likely to be a problem with two or more dissimilar videos. Mastering Works, BTW, does not smart render. It re-encodes everything.

And, yep, cross posting is a no-no.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote